Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Built right on an active fault line. Real smart...AND rebuilt in the same place!!!
First contractor I worked for when I got in the IUOE was doing that job. One of my workmates that was working it told me years later that that quake and insurance payoff got our employer out of the red and into the black, budget-wise on that job :rolleyes:

First contractor I worked for when I got in the IUOE was doing that job. One of my workmates that was working it told me years later that that quake and insurance payoff got our employer out of the red and into the black, budget-wise on that job :rolleyes:
Took Decades to finish that interchange...

Interstate 5 (I-5) and California State Route 14 (SR 14) meet at the Newhall Pass interchange, also known as the 5-14 Split:

Details
Interchange Large, with flyover ramps and two tunnels
Name Clarence Wayne Dean Memorial Interchange, named after a Los Angeles Police officer who died in the 1994 Northridge earthquake
History Partially collapsed in the 1971 Sylmar earthquake, and again in the 1994 Northridge earthquake
Truck lanes A bypass with truck lanes allows traffic to avoid the pass summit
HOV connection A direct HOV connection was added in 2014
Traffic Traffic is heaviest southbound in the mornings and northbound in the evenings

This was completely closed down. Over a 100 mile detour, thru the desert, for about 8 years. This is on I 5!!!!! At grape vine.....LOTS of traffic....
I bet that’s how long it’ll take to rebuild i40 in North Carolina

Dang I must have chased everyone away
Nope....

Just enjoying the night

0184034b-04f4-41cf-8a75-260c713b9605 (1).jpg

A guy got in touch with me today and wants me to do some paintless dent repair on his new Tahoe. I don't know if I can do it anymore but I told him I'd try. Sucks getting old and I lost my steady hand and eyesight.

A guy got in touch with me today and wants me to do some paintless dent repair on his new Tahoe. I don't know if I can do it anymore but I told him I'd try. Sucks getting old and I lost my steady hand and eyesight.
Ahhhh you are the man

Fred...I am 71 and just rode one this evening. And have some small ones that you could ride. Never to old

-
Back