Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So my genius idea for this years Valentine's Day gift for the wife is to replicate our first date. I found the very movie we seen, I'm borrowing the very same type of vehicle we drove, ordered the same flowers and we'll be going to the very same place for dinner..... oh and I even found the very same outfits , mine having to be a little larger in the waist now though lol. My wife, still the same size as back in highschool, after 2 kids, she's still 5' 9" and 125 lbs......

So my genius idea for this years Valentine's Day gift for the wife is to replicate our first date. I found the very movie we seen, I'm borrowing the very same type of vehicle we drove, ordered the same flowers and we'll be going to the very same place for dinner..... oh and I even found the very same outfits , mine having to be a little larger in the waist now though lol. My wife, still the same size as back in highschool, after 2 kids, she's still 5' 9" and 125 lbs......
that is pretty cool :thumbsup:

I thought she said she didn't want to celebrate it. Didn't you get into the dog house with her not very long ago for buying a gift when she said no gifts? Wasn't she pissed because you got her something and she didn't get you anything?

This will either go over big...or go BOOM!

I thought she said she didn't want to celebrate it. Didn't you get into the dog house with her not very long ago for buying a gift when she said no gifts? Wasn't she pissed because you got her something and she didn't get you anything?

This will either go over big...or go BOOM!
She ain't gotten me anything for valentines in years lol

Hey, I just remembered that tomorrow is the 37th anniversary of our first date here.

The movie was "Hero at Large", dinner was pizza at Scotto's and I picked her up in my '76 Dodge Aspen. I had her home by 10 pm.

I was 16 and she was 15.

Hey, I just remembered that tomorrow is the 37th anniversary of our first date here.

The movie was "Hero at Large", dinner was pizza at Scotto's and I picked her up in my '76 Dodge Aspen. I had her home by 10 pm.

I was 16 and she was 15.
Feel free to copy my idea

I was 16 and she was 15.
I'm sensing an "opportunity" here... :D

Well I did it. I just e-mailed the first draft of my retirement letter to my District manager. The retirement process has begun.

Feel free to copy my idea
I'm sensing an "opportunity" here... :D

Nah, we are way past that kind of stuff. Valentines Day is usually just giving each other a card and sometimes I bring flowers or Balloons home. We aren't big on those kinds of Holidays other than just a token acknowledgement of the day.

These days, a big celebration is something like "Oh look dear! I added 30% to our retirement fund this year!"

Well I did it. I just e-mailed the first draft of my retirement letter to my District manager. The retirement process has begun.
Well, although bittersweet, it's a new chapter in your life to embrace and make the most of...just like all the chapters before.

:thumbsup:

Now, there's a foot long hot dog toss contest with a happy ending...

Foot long Hot dog.jpg

My wife reminded me that last Friday morning I told her that I had a dream that the warm heavy rains predicted for next Thursday (now tomorrow) were suddenly changed to being a big snowstorm just a day or two before the event.

Just yesterday, they changed the forecast from warm rain to snow and they are currently predicting 8-12" of heavy wet snow for tomorrow...and it may go up.

For whatever reason, I have a long history of dreams like this that wind up being true. Not just weather, also about family, friends, disasters, etc...seeing things in dreams before they happen. Sometimes I have dreams about what is happening to someone the same day it occurs and only learn about it later when I talk to them. Often times, it's people I haven't seen in a long time and not in close contact with. Occasionally, it's people who are vague acquaintances that I have little connection with and barely know. They freak out when I tell them of a dream that turns out to be exactly what has recently happened to them.

I have no idea where it comes from, but it always sort of gives me chills when it happens. It makes me wonder what my unconscious mind has tapped into, and even more...how can it tap into events in other peoples lives hundreds of miles away...or even crazier, how can it tap into the future?

My wife reminded me that last Friday morning I told her that I had a dream that the warm heavy rains predicted for next Thursday (now tomorrow) were suddenly changed to being a big snowstorm just a day or two before the event.

Just yesterday, they changed the forecast from warm rain to snow and they are currently predicting 8-12" of heavy wet snow for tomorrow...and it may go up.

For whatever reason, I have a long history of dreams like this that wind up being true. Not just weather, also about family, friends, disasters, etc...seeing things in dreams before they happen. Sometimes I have dreams about what is happening to someone the same day it occurs and only learn about it later when I talk to them. Often times, it's people I haven't seen in a long time and not in close contact with. Occasionally, it's people who are vague acquaintances that I have little connection with and barely know. They freak out when I tell them of a dream that turns out to be exactly what has recently happened to them.

I have no idea where it comes from, but it always sort of gives me chills when it happens. It makes me wonder what my unconscious mind has tapped into, and even more...how can it tap into events in other peoples lives hundreds of miles away...or even crazier, how can it tap into the future?

My high school friend dated a girl that could do that... She predicted many times that he would almost get hit by a car at work that day, and sure enough it would... He would almost get hit by a car at work and she could even tell him what color it would be... After a while, he told her not to say anything as it drove him nuts waiting for it to happen all day....

It's snowing pretty heavy here. Probably only going to get about 4inches though. Maybe 1 so far. Heading in to work.
Good Morning

cue theme to Twilight Zone...

It's snowing pretty heavy here. Probably only going to get about 4inches though. Maybe 1 so far. Heading in to work.
Good Morning
radar loop shows the front edge of the storm over us here - just looked outside though and nada... yet

well, my place of employment is closed :thumbsup: - so it should be nice and quiet AND we get to say no to dumb dumbs that call looking to get into buildings.. the place will be locked down and if you don't have keys, you don't get in... hey, I gotta find something good about being essential personnel.. :lol:

-
Back