Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
so get this, my electric company offering a deal to switch to LED bulbs, making each bulb cost .99 cents! vs 8 bucks a bulb at Menards!
Shows you how much they are making on the dang bulbs...:BangHead:
I got several in home depot at .97 ea. on sale several hours one Sat I just happened to be there.

Shows you how much they are making on the dang bulbs...:BangHead:
I got several in home depot at .97 ea. on sale several hours one Sat I just happened to be there.
$hit... If I get no help here... I pay 6.99 per bulb...and I need 80..:BangHead::BangHead:

$hit... If I get no help here... I pay 6.99 per bulb...and I need 80..:BangHead::BangHead:
I would think you can find a bulk deal somewhere to cut that number down. What type bulb is it? Is this the ones that direct fit in place of your T8s? Do you just get rid of the ballast and direct wire the fixture?

I would think you can find a bulk deal somewhere to cut that number down. What type bulb is it? Is this the ones that direct fit in place of your T8s? Do you just get rid of the ballast and direct wire the fixture?
Yup...I think Bulbs 1000... Already tried the Hybrid W/existing Electronic ballast...No go... Needed to rewire direct. Sooo... Now I need to use Direct 120 LED bulbs , and rewire all fixtures...But it is easy...

Yup...I think Bulbs 1000... Already tried the Hybrid W/existing Electronic ballast...No go... Needed to rewire direct. Sooo... Now I need to use Direct 120 LED bulbs , and rewire all fixtures...But it is easy...
Hybrid? Ballast? Fixtures? My brain is full.. May I be excused??

So its a T8 style bulb that still fits in the existing sockets. You want one that you just run 120v direct to it (ballast is in the bulb)

Yup.. I switched over to T8 and electronic ballast's a few years ago... But even the elect. ballast's are starting to go..Time for more of a permanent change...

We are getting the snow storm Boston was getting yesterday...oh what a beautiful day!
we actually got lucky here in the north central part of Mass. - just powder. I understand they took another kickin' out Boston way - they got the wet heavy crap... the storm is a big dump - I hope you get the easier stuff!

Here's another one of Alex's Nieces ..... Saigon...
0206171519.jpg
0206172226a.jpg

Yup.. I switched over to T8 and electronic ballast's a few years ago... But even the elect. ballast's are starting to go..Time for more of a permanent change...
OK...
I have not done the LED conversions, but I had questioned an electrician when you mentioned it a while back, Seams they have a lot of diff ways they can go about it...
Fixtures hanging or in ceiling? Open or closed. Bulbs per fixture? Sometimes you can modify them or simply leave spots open and use less bulbs. Also cleaning, painting or adding inserts can increase the amount of useable light from each bulb. Requiring a lot less bulbs and energy used.

We'll find out what type and size you need and pm me... I need to order about 110 bulbs it sounds like. My house has lots of fixtures ;)

-
Back