Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Who mentioned HOAT coolant on here? I got a new recovery tank for the Journey. Look at manual and find out it has HOAT. I added some reg antfreeze the other day, and it looks like nothing is compatible with it. Supposed to flush and mix only with DISTILLED water. Should I/can I use any flush additive or just water? Even worse, I checked the book and Magnum had this stuff too. Never knew it existed.:wtf::BangHead:

Who mentioned HOAT coolant on here? I got a new recovery tank for the Journey. Look at manual and find out it has HOAT. I added some reg antfreeze the other day, and it looks like nothing is compatible with it. Supposed to flush and mix only with DISTILLED water. Should I/can I use any flush additive or just water? Even worse, I checked the book and Magnum had this stuff too. Never knew it existed.:wtf::BangHead:
never even heard of it

ok, so first guy didn't buy the truck. 60+ y/o dude taching the yota out and tryin to row the gears like it had an Indy shifter in it. lol

Apparent he hadn't drove a stick in quite some years.

ok, so first guy didn't buy the truck. 60+ y/o dude taching the yota out and tryin to row the gears like it had an Indy shifter in it. lol

Apparent he hadn't drove a stick in quite some years.
I had a guy wanting to buy a bike from me. Never even driven a standard shift car! No way was he 'test driving' the bike...

I had a guy wanting to buy a bike from me. Never even driven a standard shift car! No way was he 'test driving' the bike...
The manual box in the yotas can be funny, They don't like to shift unless you have the peddle 3/4ths down and your not going back into first gear unless your going less than 5 mph and got the peddle to the floor. I thought the trans was jacked when I bought it new( i worked for toyota) and the service guys told me it was designed that way to keep the clowns from throwing it into first and dragging the rear and losing control. Toyota trying to avoid lawsuits. well that's what they told me anyway

The manual box in the yotas can be funny, They don't like to shift unless you have the peddle 3/4ths down and your not going back into first gear unless your going less than 5 mph and got the peddle to the floor. I thought the trans was jacked when I bought it new( i worked for toyota) and the service guys told me it was designed that way to keep the clowns from throwing it into first and dragging the rear and losing control. Toyota trying to avoid lawsuits. well that's what they told me anyway
Protecting idiots from themselves.. it's a shame..

Protecting idiots from themselves.. it's a shame..
well people try. I worked there when the whole gas peddle thing was going on , I went ouside to get my next crash job, and was told beware the gas peddle because the customer was claiming was the reason for the accident. Well I open the door and there is the heel broke off a 5 in stiletto wedged under the gas peddle. They had me leave the car in the lot until the ins. guys and the head honcho's from the main dealership got all the pictures they needed.

I may have. My SRT uses the HOAT coolant.

You can flush it out with water (no additive) and then use Zerex G-05 to replace it. I buy the ready mix 50/50 because it's easier. They recommend using distilled water to keep the minerals from plating out on the cooling system. Most guys flush with tap water first and then follow with distilled just to get out most of the remaining tap water before refilling the system with coolant.

I may have. My SRT uses the HOAT coolant.

You can flush it out with water (no additive) and then use Zerex G-05 to replace it. I buy the ready mix 50/50 because it's easier. They recommend using distilled water to keep the minerals from plating out on the cooling system. Most guys flush with tap water first and then follow with distilled just to get out most of the remaining tap water before refilling the system with coolant.
Ok, I can probably just do distilled at this point. In the process of getting it home I added a lot of tap water. The stuff I drained out has only a very slight pink color..
Is the HOAT that different? Like once it's out, can you run different antifreeze?

huh - looks like a beak-nose in the reflection..

tacoma 6.jpg

-
Back