Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
your altitude is a big factor in air flow and efficiency ...a problem I face here at almost a mile high ...the oxygen just isn't around like it would be at sea level

you all best stop, you're making me want a 6 pack for my 440 lol

your altitude is a big factor in air flow and efficiency ...a problem I face here and almost a mile high ...the oxygen just isn't around like it would be at sea level
one word:

Turbocharger=problem solved, your welcome

I just found this on the same site.

Outboards are 500 cfm, center is 350 cfm. Measured at 4" Hg pressure drop. As opposed to 4 bbl that are measured at 2" Hg pressure drop. Divide 2 bbl figure by 1.414 (square root of 2) to get 4 bbl equivalent (955 cfm in this case).

That is essentially what a 4 barrel does though correct? The primary opens first then the secondaries follow.
Yes, but the ratio of total cfm at various rpm is very different for a 4 bbl vs 6x2bbl. On the 6 pack, the low rpm flow is much less than on an equivalent cfm 4 bbl.

I just found this on the same site.

Outboards are 500 cfm, center is 350 cfm. Measured at 4" Hg pressure drop. As opposed to 4 bbl that are measured at 2" Hg pressure drop. Divide 2 bbl figure by 1.414 (square root of 2) to get 4 bbl equivalent (955 cfm in this case).
TOO

MUCH

MATH

:eek:

Ok, so because of the delay in opening the outer carbs as well as the jetting on those outer carbs that is how they can run 960cfm on a smaller cubic inch engine?

Ok, so because of the delay in opening the outer carbs as well as the jetting on those outer carbs that is how they can run 960cfm on a smaller cubic inch engine?
The simplest way to think about it is this...

By using three 2 bbl carbs that open at different times and are jetted differently, the total airflow and A/F ratio is optimized so that it is never oversized at low rpm and never flow restricted at high rpm.

It would be like if you could use your 600 cfm 4 bbl at low rpm and then switch to a 750 cfm at high rpm.

The simplest way to think about it is this...

By using three 2 bbl carbs that open at different times and are jetted differently, the total airflow and A/F ratio is optimized so that it is never oversized at low rpm and never flow restricted at high rpm.

It would be like if you could use your 600 cfm 4 bbl at low rpm and then switch to a 750 cfm at high rpm.
That does make sense Dave. Why didnt you just say that to begin with??? My gosh you just had to drag it out:poke:

That does make sense Dave. Why didnt you just say that to begin with??? My gosh you just had to drag it out:poke:
LOL! I guess it's the (NUTTY) professor side of me. I always teach students by feeding them bits slowly to get them to think their way through it and find the answer on their own before I just give it to them.

LOL! I guess it's the (NUTTY) professor side of me. I always teach students by feeding them bits slowly to get them to think their way through it and find the answer on their own before I just give it to them.
Why would you say that about yourself?? LOL Nutty!

so after taking a good look at what I have to work with ....it's not as bad as I first thought

CIMG0001.JPG

basically ...this is the most important of the bracketry that needs re-conditioned because it is very 4 speed specific ...the hole is enlarged which needs fixed and the pin can be ground out and re-set in place

CIMG0002.JPG

CIMG0003.JPG

the reason the 4 speed specific bracket was thrown out of geometry is because of this bracket which is trashed but is coincidently the same piece as on a automatic brake pedal, so its going to be easily replaced with another copy off of any 65-8 C-body automatic brake pedal

CIMG0007.JPG

CIMG0008.JPG

CIMG0005.JPG

-
Back