Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No just one that if it leaves the ball it activates a rod to a master and locks them up.

Just trying to figure out what is going on this weekend, will give him a call around 9 I guess.

No just one that if it leaves the ball it activates a rod to a master and locks them up.

Yeah, that one is mechanically operated, not electric...

I've rented u-haul car trailers many times and not needed to use my electric brake set-up... I have the electrical adapter to take the six prong connection down to the standard 4 prong trailer light harness to use with the u-haul haulers...

Good point... I don't think u-haul car haulers have electric brakes...
Correct, I used to work for that **** company... Their larger trailers all had surge brakes. Now unless they finally upgraded there equipment they could, but man is that going to cut a lot of there business.

Just read back does keith actually need a trailer brake? When I have rented the u haul trailers never needed them?
Their larger trailers all had surge brakes.
Correct. The trailer I plan to use is just electric. Truck planned to pull is wired to the back (Heavy Duty Tow Package) and supposed to have the harness (if we can find it)to plug into fusebox. But GM did not include the controller in2002. It was a 'see your dealer' thing

Correct. The trailer I plan to use is just electric. Truck planned to pull is wired to the back (Heavy Duty Tow Package) and supposed to have the harness (if we can find it)to plug into fusebox. But GM did not include the controller in2002. It was a 'see your dealer' thing

So the trailer you plan to use is electric.

What's easier; adding electric brakes to your truck, or you can rent a u-haul and not have to convert your truck over..

But if you may need electric brake hook up in future, then may as well do it now....

time vs money vs future needs issue...

I seriously need to get a receiver on the tikey truck, just one of them things........

So the trailer you plan to use is electric.

What's easier; adding electric brakes to your truck, or you can rent a u-haul and not have to convert your truck over..

But if you may need electric brake hook up in future, then may as well do it now....

time vs money vs future needs issue...
If I rent a U-Haul, I need to return it. So will need to rent again to bring the car back or drag all the parts up and assemble/drive back. Even once rental prob cost more than the part. Should not be difficult to install if I can find correct harness. Was planning to move it today and paint tomorrow. So, key is can get it and do it today? Otherwise I can get everything on ebag, but prob a week delay then.
Not my truck, but I don't mind buying the parts. Good friend, has let me use truck and hauled stuff for me before.

'sup folks.

Field trip today, too. This time with the kids at the school where I 'work'. Good time!

-
Back