Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Umm, but I don't need it. LOL
But I thought you did...so that the cover Ben's lady is sewing will work properly since she is using his style seat as the template?

Last edited:
So in you guys opinion, to shorten a set, cut near the middle and weld in sleeve, or cut at end and heat up to make one bend?
Or sleeve and drill holes and punch in pins. No heat.

edit: second on that ball, it turns out.

I think a shrink fit is difficult to pull off - as in succeed with - as you need really good tolerances and a good sleeve material.

Crimping would probably do the trick but to get a hexagonal crimp you'd need the correct tool.

I think it would be perfectly possible to heat treat the longer version, cut and bend and then heat treat again to return to perfect spring condition. You'd need to know what process to use, that's all.

Last edited:
IT IS THONG THURSDAY!
coffee-break-alessandro-marotta.jpg

Hopefully the guy checks out the sun part for me today and has good (cheap) news for me today!

What you mean? Just sent him some internals to check out on his tester, no way I can do it here. I actually have been making shelves etc, now the loft will be kind of crowded.

oh - I'm still half asleep - I was thinking you were buying another one - you sent some parts of one to someone to be tested because one isn't working right...

friggin' vacation screwed with my internal clock... slept in everyday -- this getting up at 5am **** is taking some readjusting.. :lol:

-
Back