Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I get home tonight to find this puddle of antifreeze and a steady dripping from the water pump in the ‘66. It leaked a little back when the weather first got cold but hasn’t leaked any since. Why it decided to start leaking again, I have no idea. I haven’t touched the car since I put the cover on back in the Fall.

View attachment 1715172165
It is a new/rebuilt pump. Hope it is minor.

From the weep hole? Gasket? Unknown?
Can’t quit tell, it is leaking from behind the pulley. I suspect the weep hole since it is running down the back of the pulley itself. Worst case, it’s a new water pump. No biggie.

I just can’t figure out why it just suddenly started leaking again after all this time.

Can’t quit tell, it is leaking from behind the pulley. I suspect the weep hole since it is running down the back of the pulley itself. Worst case, it’s a new water pump. No biggie.
Yep. Still strange......

So this is what a film of yellow-green morning pollen looks like on the hood and windshield of my silver 300 C. It was thick enough that it blew off the car in a visible cloud when I pulled out this morning.

7F241EED-3693-4117-B974-F193D5222A35.jpeg

So I get home tonight to find this puddle of antifreeze and a steady dripping from the water pump in the ‘66. It leaked a little back when the weather first got cold but hasn’t leaked any since. Why it decided to start leaking again, I have no idea. I haven’t touched the car since I put the cover on back in the Fall.

See my earlier post above. LOL
Must be a conspiracy.
You gotta understand at the heart of every Chrysler engine is actually a little creature
It has its own mind.
Some say it has a predictible set of principles
These people call the creature Murphy.
The principles are called Murphy's Law

Now I don't personally believe in such creatures.
But just in case, I do believe it is always good prudence to believe in Murphy's law.

Last edited:
I just can’t figure out why it just suddenly started leaking again after all this time.
Hoses and worm drive hose clamps do weird things, after use, when temperature changes, etc. I use 'em, but I know constant tension ones are actually better in preventing situations like that.

Clutch was a success, but arms are tired as well as sore neck and shoulders.

So this is what a film of yellow-green morning pollen looks like on the hood and windshield of my silver 300 C. It was thick enough that it blew off the car in a visible cloud when I pulled out this morning.

View attachment 1715172173
Funny you bring this up. I left the waggy outside the past three days (its more convenient to have it by the house). As you can see, we're starting to get it now. Lovely.

IMG_7620.JPG

IMG_7622.JPG

Decided to do Pizza tonight.
Then as I'm eating it I thought . What a selfish dolt.

Anyone want a slice help yourself.

20180504_183418.jpg

Funny you bring this up. I left the waggy outside the past three days (its more convenient to have it by the house). As you can see, we're starting to get it now. Lovely.

View attachment 1715172174

View attachment 1715172176
Yep, it’s the oak pollen now. Maple and pine have gone by already. I am really looking forward to the rains this weekend to wash this crap away so my allergies stop killing me for a while.

Nope,350/383.
Dunno. Im thinkin its a pipe dream,he’s been flogging the v6 for years.

Yep. Still strange......

Hehe, guess I shouldn't have snuck over this morning and taken it for a spin :lol:

See my earlier post above. LOL
Must be a conspiracy.
You gotta understand at the heart of every Chrysler engine is actually a little creature
It has its own mind.
Some say it has a predictible set of principles
These people call the creature Murphy.
The principles are called Murphy's Law

Now I don't personally believe in such creatures.
But just in case, I do believe it is always good prudence to believe in Murphy's law.
Got another theory. This is probably it because you always get it right the second time around.
The coolant in your '66 saw my post about the fuel escaping my '67. They can access the forum through the ancient ones, that are in a dimension we can't see. Your coolant thought, what a great idea - escape and create a little KAOS.
The only way to combat KAOS is with Control.
If you want, I can put a call in.
GSphone.jpg

Nope,350/383.
Dunno. Im thinkin its a pipe dream,he’s been flogging the v6 for years.
Some impressive stuff done with v-6 these day, especially F*rd. I know, no F*rd engines in this one.

-
Back