Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Problem is no books on them all different brands of bushings.
I'll get some new stuff and maybe we can compare..
unless it becomes a big waste of time.
INA 8-101 or 8101 is the little one everyone sells with the needle bearings for roundbacks
INA 8-102 seems to tbe the back ones for the round backs.
NTN 6-203 is the larger one (front)

Might get this just for curiousity now.
Vintage Miller MFG Alternator Diode Tester | eBay

We went there to pick up the machine and the one guy kept trying to tell us that something happened to it... It got damaged... We asked what got damaged, maybe we can fix it??? He kept dancing around...

We let them know that we weren't buying that story and another guy who had been listening to the conversation behind the desk finally came clean and said that it wasn't supposed to be listed and it belonged to another person... So the guy listing it was not the owner of the machine and didn't have the right to sell it...

He told us that they had two in the back and he would show them to us, so we played along and went for the 'tour'... He showed us a smaller one that was just an oscilloscope and gas analyzer, but the gas analyzer isn't working according to him....

Then he showed us the other one that was listed on ebay and it was in the same condition as the pictures on ebay - no further damage....

The guy (Frank) who was showing us around said that the smaller one a Sleuth Two model was his and gave us a price which seemed reasonable... We plugged it in and it lit up and seemed to be in working condition, so we bought that one....

Here it is when we got it home....
Nice have all the cables?
View attachment 1715258817

View attachment 1715258818

View attachment 1715258819

View attachment 1715258820

View attachment 1715258821

View attachment 1715258822

View attachment 1715258823

View attachment 1715258824

@halifaxhops

My family is all from Rogers Springdale Lowell area. We are heading down to visit grandkids in February. Send me a PM if you are anywhere close to there and I would buy ya a beer for your tireless effort on the site.
Wow, I am in the northeast corner of the state and your folks are in the northwest corner , long drive 5 hours . Thank you anyway

Halifaxhops was quicker to the draw. LOL

The good side is is will take up less room.
Also if the HC and CO meters work, you can get a much better idea of combustion and fuel air ratio at idle than using a wide band O2. :thumbsup:

I agree... It's the working oscilloscope that I really need to step up my game on tune ups... The smaller space needed to store it is also good...

The guy stated that the gas tester didn't work, but it seems to have power.... It may just need the hoses replaced in case the ones in there are old and cracked/leak... Then maybe change the filters... It may work after that...

Karl that adapter with the clips is for a GM hei cap. Do you have a part thet will screw on there that looks like a clip? That is for the coil wire. Shoot me a pic of the cables and any parts that came with it. I know I have generic instructions on how to read the scope on the disk. Shoot me a e mail I will send them to you.

-
Back