Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The filters clog, and yes any leak in the hoses can do it. I think that one has plastic clear hoses inside, prob cracked. I have some filters, for the older ones, not sure if they are the same. See if the pump draws in suction. That's the start. They also have a warm up time for the actual analyzer part. That machine is to dam new for me!

Snipped this from the web a while back. Don't know what it came from but looks to be pretty good book.

Scope patterns.jpg

Karl that adapter with the clips is for a GM hei cap. Do you have a part thet will screw on there that looks like a clip? That is for the coil wire. Shoot me a pic of the cables and any parts that came with it. I know I have generic instructions on how to read the scope on the disk. Shoot me a e mail I will send them to you.

Yes, he showed us the clip when we were looking at it... It looks like a chrome chip bag clip....

I will get some pics later....

Karl that adapter with the clips is for a GM hei cap. Do you have a part thet will screw on there that looks like a clip? That is for the coil wire. Shoot me a pic of the cables and any parts that came with it. I know I have generic instructions on how to read the scope on the disk. Shoot me a e mail I will send them to you.

Yes, I could use the instructions on how to use the scope... :thankyou:

That should be for the coil wire. Does it have another lead with a clip? Easy hook up red pos, black neg, blue or green coil neg.

Would the timing lights for the older one work???

I got two of them with that, but I think one's not working, not sure about the other one....
Have the same plug on it that the machine has in the back? As far as I know they are all pinned the same.

Let me go out and get some pics...

stay tuned, here's some music while you are waiting.... <<<Musical hold....>

Trigger wire goes to number one plug wire., pattern cable coil wire. some times has a wire to go to the coil neg usually a alligator clip. Shoot me a pic of the cables side by side.

Get me a better pic of the gas analyzer back also. Looks like something is cut in the pic.

Snipped from the 1982 Jeep FSM. Descriptions are pretty clear.
In the engine
Voltage spike (A) is what is need to initiate a spark across the gap.
Less voltage is needed to keep it burning (A to B).

Duraspark II (Solid State Ign)
upload_2018-12-8_9-50-48.png

HEI
upload_2018-12-8_9-52-36.png

These are measuring the secondary side. Primary would show current flow while the cpoil was building upo charge.
At least I think I got that right.

Last edited:
OK silver one goes on the one with the adapter that the coil, red #1 wire. The two leads off the main are for the coil terminals, some times just the neg that is usually the darker one if nit try the red. Then you should have two that go to the battery. Obviously you knw where to stick that probe!:icon_fU:

Gas exhaust goes to the probe, water is just a condensation drain. Take the filter assy apart and see how bad it is, leave it out if unsure and put it back together and see if you have suction into the exhaust hose, wont be a lot of it. If so it might work and the guy was wrong. A good way of checking the meter is use a small plumbers torch with propane and hold it to the cal inlet and put the switch to cal. of course unlit right! The meter should register rich or at least move around. Forgot what the gas they used was might have been propane/nitrogen.

Gas exhaust goes to the probe, water is just a condensation drain. Take the filter assy apart and see how bad it is, leave it out if unsure and put it back together and see if you have suction into the exhaust hose, wont be a lot of it. If so it might work and the guy was wrong. A good way of checking the meter is use a small plumbers torch with propane and hold it to the cal inlet and put the switch to cal. of course unlit right! The meter should register rich or at least move around. Forgot what the gas they used was might have been propane/nitrogen.
Or have refried beans for lunch and fart in the tailpipe. LOL Naw, you don't want to break the needle off. :lol::poke::rofl:

-
Back