Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
th (1).jpg

Found this thing on eBay and just had to have it. Vintage from 1978

IMG_3928.jpeg

I vaguely remember those things from my gas pumping years. Not a common accessory gladly. I think you had to wave a little key type device over the cap for them to unlock. I do know that it always twisted my tail when I found I needed a key for a gas cap after already having contact with the driver :lol: That "Oh! You'll need this key!" didn't fly very well with me :rofl: .

I vaguely remember those things from my gas pumping years. Not a common accessory gladly. I think you had to wave a little key type device over the cap for them to unlock. I do know that it always twisted my tail when I found I needed a key for a gas cap after already having contact with the driver :lol: That "Oh! You'll need this key!" didn't fly very well with me :rofl: .

It was more fun back in the day trying to figure out where the gas cap was.... I worked at the local Sunoco as a kid

Morning fellers and fellet, 9deg and the dogs would not take no for an answer on a walk. So we fed the horses and walked around the back pasture. Back in and ready for some coffee.

New Jersey is now the only state in America where it’s illegal for drivers to pump their own gas.

New Jersey’s self-service ban, along with the state’s reputation for lower gas prices than its neighbors, is part of its culture. “Jersey Girls Don’t Pump Gas,” proclaims a popular bumper sticker.

The state’s ban on self-service dates back to 1949, and it seems unlikely to change anytime soon.

Back then, full-service gas stations, with attendants filling up drivers’ tanks, were the main way of putting gas in a vehicle. Gas stations used to make their money by offering a variety of services such as oil and battery checks, windshield wiping and vehicle repairs.

New Jersey is now the only state in America where it’s illegal for drivers to pump their own gas.

New Jersey’s self-service ban, along with the state’s reputation for lower gas prices than its neighbors, is part of its culture. “Jersey Girls Don’t Pump Gas,” proclaims a popular bumper sticker.

The state’s ban on self-service dates back to 1949, and it seems unlikely to change anytime soon.

Back then, full-service gas stations, with attendants filling up drivers’ tanks, were the main way of putting gas in a vehicle. Gas stations used to make their money by offering a variety of services such as oil and battery checks, windshield wiping and vehicle repairs.
Isn't Oregon attendant only?

It's been a while

Any of you guys use a hayden short clutch fan? was going to use that setup but am reading that you need a specific fan or it won't have enough resistance to spin freely when not engaged, can't find what fan is needed though..

Isn't Oregon attendant only?

It's been a while
August 9, 2023

Oregon last week lifted its 72-year-old ban on self-service gas stations, allowing stations to operate half of their pumps as self-serve. Oregon’s law, which was signed Friday by Democratic Gov. Tina Kotek, was passed over the objections of a union representing 800 workers at stations.

Oregon’s move makes New Jersey the last state where drivers can’t touch the gas pump. Gas station owners in New Jersey can be fined as much as $250 for a first offense if drivers are caught handling the gas pump and up to $500 for subsequent violations.

August 9, 2023

Oregon last week lifted its 72-year-old ban on self-service gas stations, allowing stations to operate half of their pumps as self-serve. Oregon’s law, which was signed Friday by Democratic Gov. Tina Kotek, was passed over the objections of a union representing 800 workers at stations.

Oregon’s move makes New Jersey the last state where drivers can’t touch the gas pump. Gas station owners in New Jersey can be fined as much as $250 for a first offense if drivers are caught handling the gas pump and up to $500 for subsequent violations.
Doh!!!

It looks like they tried to miss it but with no brakes, power, or steering it was a tall order.

-
Back