Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
AM/FM? wtf..... you fancy bastard... i have AM and a dash speaker.... the way god intended...
I found a factory am/fm for my Swinger. Single dash speaker. (it's not a stereo radio) I don't listen to music while driving my old cars. Listen to that small block sing is music to my ears.

Uh huh and who/what are you talking about
The gentleman selling those speedmaster big block heads. I’ve had a couple dealings with him and his dad. They inherited a junkyard several years back and are slowly parting things out and selling cars and such from there. Good people overall, but don’t expect to get great prices, the price you pay for most stuff, is gonna be towards the higher end of market price or more. Very rarely will you get a great deal price wise, but the items will be as described and they will deal to a point.

Those heads have been for sell for a very long time by him. For the same price. Don’t blame him for trying to cash in on the shortage of big block Mopar heads right now, but no one is gonna pay double the retail for those chinesium heads that every November go on a sale for 500 bucks a pair

I love when a company sends surprises with your ****.. btw... TSR is great.. you can pretty much order any trans part without buy a huge kit or anything and they keep the early 727 stuff in stock. and of course i just thought of more **** i shoulda got :(
P.S. ordered from 440source a week ago... nothing yet...
And my car just got a new keyring :)
2024-04-12 10.18.29.jpg

how the hell did i forget a pan gasket?! jesus..... looks like i'll be using the same one again.. only has 4 mins run time... have silicone will travel..

But.. at least i can start putting the trans back together... added a sprag oiling hole.. and got new rollers/springs... i should get a thicker pump fiber thrust washer though.. was a bit high on endplay last time

BTW.. i was watching a guy build a 727 last week on youtube and for the pan gasket he smeared wheel bearing grease on the trans and pan with the gasket in between.... swears it will never leak.. i might try that... i already do that for carb gaskets (they never stick and can be reused many times)

BTW.. i was watching a guy build a 727 last week on youtube and for the pan gasket he smeared wheel bearing grease on the trans and pan with the gasket in between.... swears it will never leak.. i might try that... i already do that for carb gaskets (they never stick and can be reused many times)
I've not had issues with the pan leaking with the AFT kits. No silicone or anything added.

I've not had issues with the pan leaking with the AFT kits. No silicone or anything added.
i use sealer on everything.... i can't stand leaks.. on the trans pan i use just a very very thin layer of RTV never enough to squish inside

Think I leak worse than my car but not as bad as the 29 truck. It pisses all over the garage floor.

Flexplate and converter bolts just showed up... i officially have no reason to not put my car back together :(

Second day in a row, cyropractor said he can get me back in action, declined the nerve block, I still think those nerves are needed to keep me healthy. Always wanted to see the Boat @FISHYPETE
Have a good day everyone

View attachment 1716235408
Im going for the nerve block,i have had enough of this grief to last a lifetime. Early june.

I pulled the pan off my fargo 6cyl. New gasket greased on both sides. Had it off a couple times to get residual sludge out of the engine. Came apart easy.

Back on the stude. Working on the bracing. Going a little different from the other side,just how it worked out.

Back on the stude. Working on the bracing. Going a little different from the other side,just how it worked out.
I need to get over to YT. I have been here on the sites, texting with the wife and messaging with my Whiskey buddies. Things are settling down now and I can go on down my tabs and check out what has happened in my world.
1712933960728.png

Yes Dana 60 with 4.88's. I have no idea about RPM's yet. I will have that discussion when picking up the car................... :thumbsup:
My old 383 4spd Dart racecar with 4;88s. Left at 5000, shifted at 7200, through the traps at 7800-7900. But that was a very balanced 383, big block that thinks it's a small block.

back at the track 001.JPG

-
Back