Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Shelby Sunday!

1713706844368.png

Good morning :D

Man, I need to get some content off my phone and onto my laptop.

Well I did pull out a package of bacon from the freezer, our new 1/2 pig and Del Fox Meats did a great job on the curing/smoking. Hoppy has a great idea, however illustrated!

Speaking of grilling, Joe has a couple of these Weber Q series grilles we take to shows. They work great for burgers, dogs and the like.
Weber-Q-1000-Gas-Grill-With-Food-.jpg

I built a portable pit in the Santa Maria Style
1713709234088.png

It would all fit in the firebox after use. Some slip joints and thumb screws, no wheels, didn't need to be that portable :rolleyes: . Rock farm technology GOOOOOOOOOD :lol:

I don't know where in the Costco empire they get displayed, but the pits built by a friend of mine, Costco sells. I know he builds a 2 axle trailer mount :eek: :lol:
1713710451030.png

Last edited:
A pound and a half of bacon fits nicely on mine. I did not get the mondo large one. It is really nice for avoiding the grease funk in the house. And my opinion it cooks the bacon a lot more even then when I do it on stove top with cast iron. And it is great for doing oriental style veggie and mushroom stir fry stuff. I think they are kind of like a laser. The more you use it the more you find ways to use it and pretty soon you have no idea how you ever got along without it. As you gaze at your abandoned plumb Bob!

Yep, I have not seen anyone start a 2024 thread yet tho? Great time of year!

Strong start by the Bruins v the Leafs... but Boston went 4 - 0 against them in the regular season.

Boston hasn't had great legs late in games. I'm guessing Toronto comes out much more physical in game 2.

Ragnars attempt to break the curse starts tonight

-
Back