Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Because I am in a mood, I will. So, diesel is a byproduct of gasoline production. It was near free to make until Ultra Low Sulfur mandate. It was cheap. The big oil decided to charge per BTU, that is why diesel got so expensive. So, if fuel is BTU driven pricing, why is mid grade and premium more expensive, excessively so? There is no more BTU that regular gas, just higher octane which is just the resistance to detonation. They just get to screw everyone both ways. Rant done.
Not any more. It is made from kerosine. Ultra low sulpher. Sorry

Not any more. It is made from kerosine. Ultra low sulpher. Sorry
Yes I mentioned the Ultra Low Sulphur mandate of 2006. Just for the record, Prudhoe Bay, AK oil fields had free diesel to stay running. After 2006 mandate, they started hauling 10K gallons a day from Anchorage to Prudhoe Bay - 850miles each way. Cost of that rolls downhill to the end users..

Wish me luck, I'm attempting a Creme Brulee' cheesecake.
Good Luck and will be snacks in the basement. IA has some crazy weather right now. storms and tornadoes everywhere southwest of you heading your way from Des Moines

So far so good. In the oven for an hour
1000010646.jpg
1000010648.jpg
1000010649.jpg

Well said and no mention about anything or anyone in DC. Gas and diesel come out of the same barrel of crude.
Here’s what just one barrel of crude oil can produce:

• Enough liquefied gases (such as propane) to fill 12 small (14.1 ounce) cylinders for home, camping or workshop use.
  • Enough gasoline to drive a medium-sized car (17 miles per gallon) over 280 miles.
  • Asphalt to make about one gallon of tar for patching roofs or streets.
  • Lubricants to make about a quart of motor oil.
  • Enough distillate fuel to drive a large truck (five miles per gallon) for almost 40 miles. If jet fuel fraction is included, that same truck can run nearly 50 miles.
  • Nearly 70 kilowatt hours of electricity at a power plant generated by residual fuel.
  • About four pounds of charcoal briquettes.
  • Wax for 170 birthday candles or 27 wax crayons.
………

Scamps trunk is stuffed with chairs, table, and BBQ grill. I'm still doing lunch for us all and now my car has enough weight in the back for traction. :thumbsup:
Oh fiberglass master…. Question, how many layers of fiberglass mat for 1/4 inch? 8?

Love cheesecake.. i don't use a waterbath though, without it the sides get that nice brown gooey cook.. love that :)

Long *** day today.... BUT.. my mufflers finally shipped.. might be working on the exhaust this weekend.. I resprayed the underside of the car.. last time i brushed it and it just didn't cover good enough, i hosed it down now, looks better..
Next jobs are the e-brake cables, exhaust then seats..which i'm praying fit.. 4door rear seat in a 2door..

soon as seats are in i'm putting on front tires and pulling it out of the garage and mopping! can't wait for that :) been sitting in that spot for 2 years now.. will be the first time it has moved under it's own power in 46 years

Just had a little rainstorm roll through here. We don't get big heavy storms very often just enough to make everything good and wet. Did get the roof on the shop fixed, no more water inside. :thumbsup:

-
Back