Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So question do I just call it and go back to truck or chance it. How it shifts in the morning will tell me...

Of it did not have chetta valve body it would seem to shift normal. The overlap...

So question do I just call it and go back to truck or chance it. How it shifts in the morning will tell me...
That’s your call bud. Kind of regretting not having you leave the key to your truck now. I could have driven it down and at least had your car a way home.

Im going back 50 plus years, but my 65 GTO had a manual shift kit. Had an issue once linkage needed a minor adjustment.
I was gonna suggest kick down linkage but wasn’t sure if that applied with a manual valve body or not

Stupid question, the gear vendors unit isn’t engaged when it shouldn’t be right?
New ones won't engage till 25mph and automatically disengage below 25.
Still like I said even with the unit on it won't shift unless you push the button to tell it to shift. I would just shut it off and try without it.

Still like I said even with the unit on it won't shift unless you push the button to tell it to shift. I would just shut it off and try without it.
Cool wasn’t sure how they worked now a days. It’s been years since I’ve been in a car with one, at one point, they were electric activated with a switch but again, that’s been nearly 20 years go .

We all know auto Trans do not get better on there own. Only worse...

That makes no difference. 1 2 shift revs. 2 3 shift revs..od right in..

Cool wasn’t sure how they worked now a days. It’s been years since I’ve been in a car with one, at one point, they were electric activated with a switch but again, that’s been nearly 20 years go .
Still are just when you shift,but you can turn it off altogether and just use it standard shift. Except for racing I only used it for a final overdrive.

So coming back from restaurant Trans is acting up. Delayed up shifts. Has cheeta manual valve body. Alwas snapped in to gear. Now a very noticeable lag. Engine revs up between shifts. Fluid us full and red...any ideas?
Blocked filter? or maybe pump?
Call T/A in the AM. Their MVB, they ought to know what can cause that. I've only used 727s that actuate the throttle pressure lever

Oddly my '75 valiant slant 6 puked a bunch of ATF one evening. Couldn't find a thing wrong with it. That was weird.

727/904 pan and filter isn't that bad to drop if you can get it onto jackstands. With the filter off you can also check the inside band adjustment.

Just talked to Tim, he’s gonna take it out and see if it magically is better. Says no smell of burnt fluid and fluid still is full and red. Im thinking stuck governor or something clogged , maybe the filter or like Matt says, something blocking the pump

727/904 pan and filter isn't that bad to drop if you can get it onto jackstands. With the filter off you can also check the inside band adjustment.
Yeah just he has Simone with him too. I’m gonna toss my jack stands and floor jack into my Jeep so I can bonsai down there tomorrow once the tire is on

Gov is a possibility too. I'd have to think or rather look up how that interplays.
Did have the one in my heep come apart, and was able ot limp home home revving on low gear.
Put a hole in the case too.

Gov is a possibility too. I'd have to think or rather look up how that interplays.
Did have the one in my heep come apart, and was able ot limp home home revving on low gear.
Mine stuck on my 727 in my 74 charger. My first ever DIY rebuild, which I had to redo cause it stuck. But for me, it did the opposite, it banged the gears in HARD. So hard, it’d stall the car out

man i am soo tired.. i don't know how guys do body **** for a living.. took me 8 hours to get it good enough for primer.. now more work then eventually paint. a real body guy prolly would done it in 2 hours though :) i'm sore.. at least i got some **** done today
2024-06-09 16.06.27.jpg

I ever show you my 74 charger rusty pile?

-
Back