Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
If you need to put a bubble on the end of steel or copper tubing I have the Parker beading tool set for that.

Last edited:
92° outside here at my house. Only 78° in the garage. No air conditioning running, only fans. I keep the insulated garage doors down to keep the heat out. Been this way for years. Lovin it...

92° outside here at my house. Only 78° in the garage. No air conditioning running, only fans. I keep the insulated garage doors down to keep the heat out. Been this way for years. Lovin it...
how many trees do you have around the garage? is the roof insulated? which way does the door face.
I have one large tree on the east side, no insulation and it faces south. It'll stay cool on days like today until 10 or so, then, to warm to work.
maybe I should use the fans I have.

how many trees do you have around the garage? is the roof insulated? which way does the door face.
I have one large tree on the east side, no insulation and it faces south. It'll stay cool on days like today until 10 or so, then, to warm to work.
maybe I should use the fans I have.
There are many shade trees behind my Shop on the west side, which helps a lot. I have 2 rolling Overhead Doors, which are insulated. All the outside walls are insulated with R15. The ceiling is insulated with R30, as there is a very nice 1300sf apartment above the garage, also insulated well. Apartment has 2bdr , 2 bath, laundry room, front room, and kitchen..

Also This not an area I know a lot about but it seems the grounding of the fuel tank to the chassis is a helpful anti-static electricity measure.
Just got done reading this, very interesting. I have several plastic race jugs which I also use to fill up mowers, ATV's etc. I fill them directly from the jugs with the plastic hose that came with them, they are flexible and I do not use a separate funnel.

Just got done reading this, very interesting. I have several plastic race jugs which I also use to fill up mowers, ATV's etc. I fill them directly from the jugs with the plastic hose that came with them, they are flexible and I do not use a separate funnel.
One of my take aways is to make sure the two are touching during the pour. Also not to hold the can in the air or even on the back of the truck.

Today is the first day its getting uncomftable here on the upper floors. I finally rolled up the A/C and it showed 83 to 84 on the 3rd floor. A lot is about managing the windows - keeping the direct sun out and keeping them open when the temps are cooler in the evenings through morning

Scott, you are going up to Mason Dixon tomorrow, yes ?

Scott or Chris (Willy) a question for you 2 or anyone else. In your state can you buy an old vehicle and get a title? It is next to impossible here in PA.
It’s easy here. Just need a cop to run a vin search to verify it’s not stolen. (15 bucks)

Scott, you are going up to Mason Dixon tomorrow, yes ?
I checked Facebook and they are still having it. Someone asked if they were postponing due to heat and then said no "still a go"

It’s easy here. Just need a cop to run a vin search to verify it’s not stolen. (15 bucks)
Cant do that here.
Cops have to have a legal reason to run a Vin. I used to find cars sitting on the street and call a friend to run the Vin when on duty, to find who owned it. He told me can't do it anymore . I have to give a reason why.

Cant do that here.
Cops have to have a legal reason to run a Vin. I used to find cars sitting on the street and call a friend to run the Vin when on duty, to find who owned it. He told me can't do it anymore . I have to give a reason why.
Still have too here. But a records check for bmv is a valid reason

Because displaying their head on a pike pole outside the shop is frowned upon
Like the nuclear physicist that had no clue how car batteries worked and demanded warranty. Had to give him a new one. 2 weeks later shows up with a starter. It was so fried it stunk up the store. If he had 1/2 of a useable brain cell he would have gone elsewhere. I had to bite my tongue. I so wanted to jump up and down screaming “ you’re an asshole” repeatedly while shaking my finger very hard at him.
I probably coulda kicked his ***…

That's a cheap price for a trailer. Most used ones around here are about $4,000
Paid 4500 for mine. 18 feets. Added a winch (600) and a power jack (200) now all i need is lighter ramps. I found an aluminum ramp on the road years ago, i should get one made to match. I have a set of car carrier ramps but they way too long, be a shame to cut them up.

-
Back