Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok so an oil change for the dart also turned into a diff fluid change. It took me pretty much all day which I know it shouldn’t have but I did it. Overall the gears aren’t bad. Eventually I will need to change them since they have some pitting on them but it will hold for now. View attachment 1716273172
Looks like it's good you changed it. Pretty mucky in there. I bet I have some pits in my 66 rear as well. If you think about it, half the gear sets in 80/90 and the top half doesn't. You might get some rust and pitting on the top side after setting 10 uears or so. I have a little noise from back there. It doesn't change pitch when I go around corners so it's probably not axle bearings.

Are the gears noisy ????
When the temps outside climb into the 90’s and I drove her a bit she started to sound crunchy in the rear going in a tight corner. When I drained it there was no metal shavings. I added in a slip additive and the diff oil. I just took her for a nice long drive and got on it. No more crunching sound. There was no metal shavings in the gears when I took it apart

Spent the afternoon building a bird house. For a house wren , love their singing all day long.
IMG_20240707_193749.jpg

Anyone here ever owned a rental property? Specifically a vacation rental like an Airbnb?

I haven't heard a bird sing in a long time. My hearing is getting worse. Even with hearing aids I can't hear them.
I'm sorry.
when we had the cicadas around, i could hear them over the gas powered lawn mower.
neighbor hated their sound, I said I liked it cause it drown out the ringing in my ears.

I'm sorry.
when we had the cicadas around, i could hear them over the gas powered lawn mower.
neighbor hated their sound, I said I liked it cause it drown out the ringing in my ears.
Yea the ringing is bad for sure. :BangHead:

Howdy all. Didn't backread.
Started prep on a car last night, then we went 3 for 3 on will it runs today. A 1968 Dodge Coronet, 1978 Dodge D150 and a 1970 Dodge Dart. /6, 318la and /6 respectively.
20240707_104546.jpg
20240707_122203.jpg
20240707_122211.jpg
20240707_122217.jpg
20240707_203624.jpg

The Coronet has not been run since Mt. Saint Helens blew its top in 1980. Still had ash from the eruption present.

-
Back