Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
small rant...

it is disheartening to see those who appear to need nothing (lets say large car and race shops) get parts handed to them for the advertising, while people that need those parts get nothing. The larger shops can afford to buy the parts. Even Youtube shops, watching all the free suspensions, engine parts, etc being handed out. The channel has income, shop has income, shop writes most off as expenses for their business, etc. What about the little person?

all done, carry on

small rant...

it is disheartening to see those who appear to need nothing (lets say large car and race shops) get parts handed to them for the advertising, while people that need those parts get nothing. The larger shops can afford to buy the parts. Even Youtube shops, watching all the free suspensions, engine parts, etc being handed out. The channel has income, shop has income, shop writes most off as expenses for their business, etc. What about the little person?

all done, carry on
Agree 1000%.

We gave a "hard luck award" at Mopar Maxx this year. I think the guy grenaded his transmission if I remember correctly.

Up and at em early this morning. Did not have time to post much here. A wonderful old lady from my church died about a year and a half ago. She had this nice Dodge truck that I had done some work on. Found out that the daughter was going to donate it to the purple heart foundation since she didn't need it anymore. They were going to pick it up today between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.. so I talked to her yesterday and told her I might be interested in it. So I went over there this morning at 7:30 a.m. to see the truck again. Beautiful truck inside with only 86,000 mi. Somebody did broadside it on the lower front and rear door on the driver side. But it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I bought the truck for $800 cash this morning.. probably just going to power wash it and flip it. Lol.. need to find more of these for sure.
PXL_20240918_114831287.jpg
PXL_20240918_114844639.jpg

Up and at em early this morning. Did not have time to post much here. A wonderful old lady from my church died about a year and a half ago. She had this nice Dodge truck that I had done some work on. Found out that the daughter was going to donate it to the purple heart foundation since she didn't need it anymore. They were going to pick it up today between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.. so I talked to her yesterday and told her I might be interested in it. So I went over there this morning at 7:30 a.m. to see the truck again. Beautiful truck inside with only 86,000 mi. Somebody did broadside it on the lower front and rear door on the driver side. But it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I bought the truck for $800 cash this morning.. probably just going to power wash it and flip it. Lol.. need to find more of these for sure.
View attachment 1716304847View attachment 1716304848
Nice truck! Is it just the cladding that's damaged or the doors as well? You got a good deal there.

Regarding Cheeseburger Day. According to the internet news many fast food places have specials today, if you use their "App". For those of us that choose not to have the necessary equipment or those that perhaps can't afford that technology :icon_fU:

Stone/Woods/Cooke got the hole shot.
I went to a local car show that was held in a Motel parking lot :realcrazy: Some very nice cars attended. This one Willys coupe really got my attention, "Man that thing looks familiar". I looked long and carefully at it. Fella walks up behind me and says "If you're thinking Stone, Woods, and Cook? You're right, it was one of their early racers."

1726668326567.png

Always looked for their presence at Hot Rod Reunions and March Fuel Meets.

I went to a local car show that was held in a Motel parking lot :realcrazy: Some very nice cars attended. This one Willys coupe really got my attention, "Man that thing looks familiar". I looked long and carefully at it. Fella walks up behind me and says "If you're thinking Stone, Woods, and Cook? You're right, it was one of their early racers."

View attachment 1716304875

Always looked for their presence at Hot Rod Reunions and March Fuel Meets.
THe coolest

-
Back