Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
This should work. It sure does smell good.

20241005_180614.jpg

Evening.

After helping with a 45 page form, our Jeep club is officially authorized now by the Red Cross as an emergency relief team and can tell fema to F right off. Same thing the Cajun navy ended up doing I guess years ago. So we meeting in the am, loading up 43 jeeps to make the trek. I’m helping load but not gonna take the trip. Too risky in a Jeep that’s overheating.

Also participated in our local parade with the Army Caisson team. Carried the little 6 week old on the 2.5 mile route, not the smartest idea given my injuries but the wife was complaining about having to watch 3 out of 4 kids solo so I took the “hardest” one. She slept the entire time

IMG_9803.jpeg

Evening.

After helping with a 45 page form, our Jeep club is officially authorized now by the Red Cross as an emergency relief team and can tell fema to F right off. Same thing the Cajun navy ended up doing I guess years ago. So we meeting in the am, loading up 43 jeeps to make the trek. I’m helping load but not gonna take the trip. Too risky in a Jeep that’s overheating.
I saw a member of the Rubicon group on the news yesterday. They have been doing some good work.

I saw a member of the Rubicon group on the news yesterday. They have been doing some good work.
Yeah lots are.

Members of our club have managed to breach the red tape a couple days back and get up some of the mountains, one group hiked into a family with a 11 week old pair of twins stuck on a mountain , 3.5 miles up, on foot. There’s an entire town on that mountain cut off, estimated 150-250 people. It’s not even on an atlas it’s so small. So it’s not on anyone’s radar, or wasn’t.

The pictures and stories I keep seeing on the Jeep text thread are sobering at best. I’m not sure how long it’s gonna take to rebuild all these roads, but I’m guessing 3-5 years minimum, maybe longer.

Yeah lots are.

Members of our club have managed to breach the red tape a couple days back and get up some of the mountains, one group hiked into a family with a 11 week old pair of twins stuck on a mountain , 3.5 miles up, on foot. There’s an entire town on that mountain cut off, estimated 150-250 people. It’s not even on an atlas it’s so small. So it’s not on anyone’s radar, or wasn’t.

The pictures and stories I keep seeing on the Jeep text thread are sobering at best. I’m not sure how long it’s gonna take to rebuild all these roads, but I’m guessing 3-5 years minimum, maybe longer.
Wow!

Yeah sadly another reason I’m not going, my shoulder and my knees are shot, carrying an 11 pound baby 2.5 miles hurts like hell, I can’t do no 40 pound ruck up a mountain anymore. Really makes me sad and pissed off. I hate sitting on the sidelines

Was it for sale? It’s looks to be in great shape.
Nope, just a nice father/son dropping off their mom and aunt who were renting a car to drive down to Florida, they’re nurses and gonna be helping a couple of the nursing homes down there for a bit

Yeah sadly another reason I’m not going, my shoulder and my knees are shot, carrying an 11 pound baby 2.5 miles hurts like hell, I can’t do no 40 pound ruck up a mountain anymore. Really makes me sad and pissed off. I hate sitting on the sidelines
Start working out on a regular basis. Helps much when growing Old. !!!!!

Start working out on a regular basis. Helps much when growing Old. !!!!!
Yeah I need too. Might help with all these torn ligaments and joint problems. I have been working with a nutritionist, developing a diet plan that we think will work .modified version of keto

Been workin out since I was 25, Still feel like I am 40........
Been workin out since I was 25, Still feel like I am 40........
That’s about when I stopped, I stopped at 26 after blowing out my knee for the 3rd time. Went into a near depressed state for a long while and gained a ton of weight.

Interestingly enough, about 10 months later, I happened to stumble onto a certain 74 dart and brought it home and met you fine people on here. All things happen for a reason I guess

Just seen a video about A FEMA guy being an ***. I guess he is in the hospital now. Man was this guy doing the video pissed.

Just seen a video about A FEMA guy being an ***. I guess he is in the hospital now. Man was this guy doing the video pissed.
I wasn’t lying the other day when I said what I said. Fema is the absolute worst alphabet soup agency to work with

In my aera if you come out they will not let you back. I need to get in there but I can't hike it so I'll have to figure out some other way.

Anyway… ordered the rest of the parts u need to finish the frame. Once that’s all done, plan is to set the drive drain back in place, followed by the body.

-
Back