Stop in for a drink.

-
Never heard of it. I need to find a bottle store that gives samples. Stopped at one near Minneapolis. Sample bar set up.
I had never heard of it either. It was fifty bucks. I want to save it for something special but having never sampled it, that could go horribly wrong pretty quickly! It had nice color so I just threw it the cart! I will keep you posted.

I had never heard of it either. It was fifty bucks. I want to save it for something special but having never sampled it, that could go horribly wrong pretty quickly! It had nice color so I just threw it the cart! I will keep you posted.
Normal retail is around $65 for that. It’s a Highland single malt scotch.

While Oban has been distilling for over two hundred years, their geographic restraints have kept them from growing into a truly giant place of production. They introduced the No Age Statement Oban Little Bay to their line in 2015. The Scottish Gaelic name for the town, An t-Òban, means “little bay”. The single malt is blended in 200 liter ex-bourbon barrels, the smallest barrels available at the distillery.

Reviews say that that is reminiscent of an Island malt where the influence of brine is present but mixed with a light floral and vegetable sense among a well integrated nose and palate. There’s a nice little zip at the end with the spice. Somewhat like a saltwater toffee.

Got Head?
Don't usually get cans, but always looking for something new. Had to try this Yeti imperial stout. This actually poured like ALL head at first. And it stayed approximately forever. LOL
Anyway, Great beer! And went awesomely with the smoked wings I got from the market today. Coated them with hot sauce and heated in the toaster oven.

CD6D69CB-2E8D-4C35-82B9-70E9AFEAE06C.jpeg

Also got a 12 of this...
resize

Was a little concerned that it might taste like water after the Yeti, but it actually held its own.

Enjoying a rather large glass of Fireball after a very painful day with my feet.

After a big long sip of Tin Cup I needed something to wet my whistle. (whiskey makes you frisky but it isn't necessarily thirst quenching) LOL Time for some home brew wheat beer. (with a slice of lemon chasing itself around the rim) :rofl: I was a little over zealous with the pour but there's nothing wrong with good head!

20200604_185853.jpg

Last edited:
Stop by the bar. It's my birthday and I'm buying! Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

distiller_endless_pour.gif

43591.gif

My daughter sent me a set of 4 glasses and an ice ball tray. Testing out on a Woodford Double Oaked old fashioned. Happy Father’s Day to me. :thumbsup:

7748129B-589C-4747-BC2C-5B4B3F605DEF.jpeg

20200625_191703.jpg
told my boys if I paint there Plane they need to get me a good bottle of whiskey. This is what they Got me and saving it for when Sublime one comes over.

Elijah Craig, good stuff. Never heard of the other bottle. Let me know.

Well Toolman opened up the bottle of Bib and Tucker because John is not coming over this weekend and yes it is good whiskey you might want to try it. I have know idea what the cost is but it is good smooth stuff.

Well Toolman opened up the bottle of Bib and Tucker because John is not coming over this weekend and yes it is good whiskey you might want to try it. I have know idea what the cost is but it is good smooth stuff.
Good to hear it's good stuff. I might have to try some if it's recommended.
Looks like $46. Ace Spirits in Minnesota has it.

-
Back