Stop in for a drink.

-
I am going to try this Dark Rye. It was on sale shelf. Could not pass it up. Just got done with a super sucky meeting.

1499DCAA-0BAE-4775-B510-D0E9CE3B0501.jpeg

Ok full disclaimer I have never attended a organized whiskey tasting event in my life. Total neophyte here. TMMs whiskey club just sounds super cool. So here is my first attempt at describing a whiskey sampling if you will. It is a Dark Rye see pix above. Below is a pix of it in a whiskey glass (I think it is a whiskey glass?) It is beautiful, very dark and depending how I look at it, almost red in color. It is a Rye with California Port and Canadien Rye blended. Likely why it was on sale rack! Hah! I felt like something different and it is all that for sure. So for smell the Port overpowers all else. It smells very complex with the sweetness of the Port stealing the show. It almost smells flowery if that makes sense in a whiskey? And maybe like a chocolate or molasses undertone? Sipping it was very smooth. It had the typical Rye type spice ness at the end but the front side caught me off guard. It is almost sweet, the Port influence is really strong. I have no idea what the proportion of blend is but in my opinion less Port would be welcomed. So it drinks real smooth but I think maybe just a bit to sweet for me, it was kind of thick but not unpleasant. I don’t think I will buy another bottle but it sure would be good getting passed around a campfire in Wintertime at Deer camp. I have been sipping as I have been writing and I feel like it is getting much better! Hah! I will add a cube and see what that does. All the best to you guys, this was a hoot!

990E35AC-4A82-42F7-809A-22DEAB143EAB.jpeg

Ok full disclaimer I have never attended a organized whiskey tasting event in my life. Total neophyte here. TMMs whiskey club just sounds super cool. So here is my first attempt at describing a whiskey sampling if you will. It is a Dark Rye see pix above. Below is a pix of it in a whiskey glass (I think it is a whiskey glass?) It is beautiful, very dark and depending how I look at it, almost red in color. It is a Rye with California Port and Canadien Rye blended. Likely why it was on sale rack! Hah! I felt like something different and it is all that for sure. So for smell the Port overpowers all else. It smells very complex with the sweetness of the Port stealing the show. It almost smells flowery if that makes sense in a whiskey? And maybe like a chocolate or molasses undertone? Sipping it was very smooth. It had the typical Rye type spice ness at the end but the front side caught me off guard. It is almost sweet, the Port influence is really strong. I have no idea what the proportion of blend is but in my opinion less Port would be welcomed. So it drinks real smooth but I think maybe just a bit to sweet for me, it was kind of thick but not unpleasant. I don’t think I will buy another bottle but it sure would be good getting passed around a campfire in Wintertime at Deer camp. I have been sipping as I have been writing and I feel like it is getting much better! Hah! I will add a cube and see what that does. All the best to you guys, this was a hoot!

View attachment 1715562242
I taste by guzzling and if it stays down it's good stuff. LOL
Been some time trying a new bottle but was looking at a few bottles of Irish rye that I think I might try.

I taste by guzzling and if it stays down it's good stuff. LOL
Been some time trying a new bottle but was looking at a few bottles of Irish rye that I think I might try.
Sure missed seeing ya last week buddy. I got soaked going to Drags. Motorcycle had front brake lock up at I am guessing around 120 mph. Yard sale. Kevlar saved his butt. I got wet going and coming.

Sure missed seeing ya last week buddy. I got soaked going to Drags. Motorcycle had front brake lock up at I am guessing around 120 mph. Yard sale. Kevlar saved his butt. I got wet going and coming.
Glad your still with us stay safe so I can come over and drink all your booze.
2 Car shows last weekend was fun and Gary said he would like to have met you at the drags.

View attachment 1715562242
So,...
Is it more like Nightrain or Mad Dog? :lol:

Dang, you all melt away? 5 hours without a post?!

20200718_163712.jpg
Well my son came over with this today and I like it. gonna do another test after dinner to make sure I still like it. lol

Another experiment.

fb56d768-2fc8-4334-91bb-2786ca9ff14f_360.jpg

Not as seltzery as I would have preferred, but very tasty.
Much sweeter than the lime variety I tried in the recent past.

-
Back