Storage find 1967 dodge dart

-

Dean3001

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a 1967 dodge dart w/ 22 thousand original miles & original yellow paint. it was a storage wars type find, the only thing that is not original is an add on tach & Cragars . 8 cyl. 273,it has factory air, bench seats , the interior is like new,Auto on the column , factory tint windows, the undercarriage is awesome , no rust anywhere except a very little surface on hood lip, but it's just surface rust. body & molding some are awesome as well (a few car door dings)...
Now here is my want VS concerns ..
As a kid I had a 67 dart gt , it had buckets ,center console . .. I just bought bucket seats, console , shifter & linkage , mounting bracket & template , NOW what is the pros & cons of taking a 47 years old original car vs changing it to a sporty looking car. what is the value difference . .

lets be honest here.. its just a 67 273 dart.. i highly doubt you'll hurt he value by adding buckets and a floor shift. If you don't modify it i'm sure the next guy will..

Let's see it, fellow Floridian....

How is the title situation?

Did you find it in Lake Wales?

x2 abodyjoe Unless the car is a low production , ultra rare example with unique history adding non-original equipment does NOT decrease the value . If you add equipment that no one likes or precieves as bizarre , that's a different story . You can't convince me that putting a Hemi in a '68 Dart that came with a /6 is decreasing its value . Go ahead , have fun . Oh, BTW, survivors are cool also .

Let's see it, fellow Floridian....

How is the title situation?

Did you find it in Lake Wales?
1967_dodge_dart_for_sale.htm

I found on West coast,California car then from Oregon .
Good title

Its a 273 Dart as said do as you wish. It is not rare enough to bring any more value by keeping it stock. Guys here preach they would save it as long as its your money not theirs. Actually worth more in my book if you do the mods you suggest.

If you plan on keeping and driving the car then why worry about the value, especially if you got it for a good price. I think it's more important that you be happy with your car. Now if you plan to "flip" the car, you shouldn't spend any money changing it???
I bought a '69 Fastback Barracuda a few years ago to replace the one I used to have back in the 70s. It is/was a survivor in excellent condition. 318/904, 2 barrel. Now it's got a 4 barrel, aluminum intake, big, wide rear tires, 2004R overdrive, 340/360 exhaust manifolds and a wild interior. If I ever sell it the person that buys it will have to like it the way it is. I have made the car into the car "that I wanted in the 70s but couldn't afford".
Now a numbers matching 340 (or big block) A body car....that's another story!!

treblig

So what's the deal with disagreeing with my post?

Sorry, I am new to this or any type of forum . I was trying to post a picture but was having difficulty , I must have hit the disagree button by accident , ,I'm sorry, Dean

Do like I did with my '67 Dart 'vert...keep all the column-shift parts, and if the car ever becomes real valuable as a column-shift car, you can always turn it back. Other than the console brackets needing to be welded to the floor, everything else is bolt-on.

Did you also get all the console wiring for reverse lights, shift quadrant lighting, etc?

Do like I did with my '67 Dart 'vert...keep all the column-shift parts, and if the car ever becomes real valuable as a column-shift car, you can always turn it back. Other than the console brackets needing to be welded to the floor, everything else is bolt-on.

Did you also get all the console wiring for reverse lights, shift quadrant lighting, etc?
No I didn't get any wiring harness . the shifting mechanism has a plug but nothing from that to reverse lights

So easy to click on the wrong icon. I have thought about bringing that up and see if it could be changed. I'll talk to the boss!

Last edited:
Welcome to FABO!

Sounds like a really nice score. We have got to see some pictures!!!!

I do what I want to do to my 67 GTS I bought new. I don't ask anyone and don't really care about their opinions because I am not trying to sell it. My original 383 is long gone and now replaced with 499". Just finishing all new wiring and electric power steering. So that being said I would fix it like I want it if I were you, Joe

I do what I want to do to my 67 GTS I bought new. I don't ask anyone and don't really care about their opinions because I am not trying to sell it. My original 383 is long gone and now replaced with 499". Just finishing all new wiring and electric power steering. So that being said I would fix it like I want it if I were you, Joe
Absolutely correct! You bought and paid for it-it's yours!!!!

Dont do a hack job (no offense) probably cost you $500 at most to put factory console etc in properly. Do it and have fun.

As they say on the internet, pics or it didn't happen.

-
Back