Street Demon or Edelbrock AVS2 or ?

-
The only reason any TQ body ever warped was because of increased under hood temps caused by all the emissions equipment through the smog years, mainly the catalytic converter. Anyone who used one in a performance application will have their engine running much cooler than a smog era car and there'll never be a problem.

Luckily for me I never messed with the later TQs with all the emission stuff. I was out of professionally working on cars by 81 when they started putting computers in them. I always preferred 73 down stuff and personally was stuck in the mid sixties to 1972. I've had a lot of TQs but can't say I ever noticed a warped bowl. I was sold on them since I bought a 71 four speed 340 Duster.

Luckily for me I never messed with the later TQs with all the emission stuff. I was out of professionally working on cars by 81 when they started putting computers in them. I always preferred 73 down stuff and personally was stuck in the mid sixties to 1972.
Me and you both! I consider them parts carburetors. The trucks though, used good Thermoquads all the way to the end of the Thermoquad run, as long as it was not a California emission vehicle. The cars didn't get so lucky. LOL

Me and you both! I consider them parts carburetors. The trucks though, used good Thermoquads all the way to the end of the Thermoquad run, as long as it was not a California emission vehicle. The cars didn't get so lucky. LOL
agree best carb i ever had was a 72 TQ off a 440 road runner ran it for 5 years 400,000 miles , never touched it after rejetting it after install . It just worked

-
Back