Street Outlaws = Reality TV? Busted again

-
Yeah, the show is as bogus as it is stupid. I watched part of an episode one night when they were doing all of the cop talk and if one was paying attention, you could see places blocked off, fencing along both sides of the road etc etc.

This is the same channel which brought us the mockumentaries on Mermaids and the Russian Yeti. They've jumped the shark with this crap.

Yeah, pull a permit for "illegal" drag racing....

The police didn't want the news to document that they were involved in helping the "illegal" street racers... And blow the whole "reality tv" thing away also, showing that it's staged and not illegal....

Wonder what they did with / told all the truckers, etc trying to DRIVE down that road?

Everyone knows they had help blocking off streets. The point is they can run their cars on the street and hook. Which is why I watch it. For the fast cars, not the storyline or to see if they get caught.

I just wish the cops in north Carolina would cooperate like that, there not so thrilled about street racing around here, any time fast cars are racing i like it, its cheaper to watch it at home than to drive to the strip and spend an evening, everyone knew there was no way that the cops wasn't envolved in it, compared to the other lame reality shows its not that bad , minus some of the added tv staged drama though:D

Lol.Okc and dfwss has been street racing for years.The cars are real but the drama is stupid.The invite has been out long b4 the show.Everyone was chicken.Now everyone wants to be onvTv or wants it their way.The okc guys are banking money.I wish I hadn't sold my Camaro.No matter what people say you should be worried about your government.

I didn't watch it because all they are r punk chevy guys ive seen enough of them

The street racing scene this show is based on is very real. The list does exist but it's not the one that's on tv. There are members on this site who have had personal experience with the okc and Texas street scene.

Check out 1320 video. It's a lot of YouTube videos and from what I can tell it's real street racing.

Wa wa waaaaa....don't like the show then go watch the lame *** Housewives or teen mom shows with the girls.....that show is good entertainment...a show with old cars, think most would like something like that......:happy1:

Far as I'm concerned, they are helpin to give the whole hobby a bad name. That's not entertainment at all.

This is the same channel which brought us the mockumentaries on Mermaids and the Russian Yeti. They've jumped the shark with this crap.

I thought it was "animal planet" that did the mermaid thing. lol

Its such a sad state of affairs when what use to be a science channel is now a lowest common denominator channel.

Far as I'm concerned, they are helpin to give the whole hobby a bad name. That's not entertainment at all.

I suppose it does, if you consider street racers to be a huge portion of this hobby.

IMO the problem is that they make it seem like street racing can be done safely.

I still don't get why they street race if they trailer their cars everywhere? You might as well go to the track at that point.

:cheers: And they might even have a show at that point!!

Because their definition of "fastest street cars" is that their cars are the fastest when ran on the street. Not the usual daily driven street car definition, but there are some that do driver their cars on the streets.

They do put in work on the street but as far as the show its fake.. fake money and permits for closing down streets..

When they came to California they tried to get in some illegal races in compton

Watch "STREET OUTLAWS - Busted on the streets of L.A." on YouTube
STREET OUTLAWS - Busted on the streets of L.A.: [ame]http://youtu.be/LD9mbnqXYuA[/ame]

They took to long to unload before the cops showed up but that was real street racing with no producers or closed streets...

You know TV..........SUCKS I watched more of it when I was just out of the hospital for my surgery and learned one thing......... the more you watch, the softer your brain, becomes! I have WAY to much to do, to sit around eyes glued to a damned TV and get a numb brain from the stupidity we all can go watch right "down town, USA" at the idiots driving, we all ***** about when we're out.....

Sadly guys, if you watch 5 minutes of the news, once a week, you watch more TV then I do in 5 years! Take me radio away and hell will break loose! LOL

They do put in work on the street but as far as the show its fake.. fake money and permits for closing down streets..

When they came to California they tried to get in some illegal races in compton

Watch "STREET OUTLAWS - Busted on the streets of L.A." on YouTube
STREET OUTLAWS - Busted on the streets of L.A.: http://youtu.be/LD9mbnqXYuA

They took to long to unload before the cops showed up but that was real street racing with no producers or closed streets...

What's the upside here??

What i see as downsides are:
-risk of death due to a ill-prepped stretch of pavement
-risk of going to jail
-risk of having your ride crushed
-risk of having someone crash into your ride
-& last but certainly not least, the number of misc. risks that go with being in compton at 2am with an expensive car.

-
Back