Stroke it baby!

-
OK - so it's not a race car then... So you're looking for recipes for quick street cars then. That makes more sense to me. Like you - the closest track for me is 2.5hrs one way from me so you have to trailer and allow a lot of time. It makes it hard to try and race a street night when the round trip gas and tolls plus gate fees cost you $175. You can get some really good power from either a 360 or 5.9L Magnum engine without spending as much as building a 4" stroke properly. In the Magnum's case, you can buy it and drop it in and drive it with stock parts it still makes 300hp. buy parts as you beat on it.

Yes there you go, quick street car the ten second reference was more or less my rough hp goal/dream of what I would like to run on my odd outings, based on the big boy cars that run around here, Hondas don't do it for me... where is a good place to start looking for a 360 block ? As to whether or not I stroke it, its the block I want to start with I think. :D

I was referring to my junkie Eagle crank, t'was a joke. It's forged and all good. I too heard some eagle cast cranks came apart, but I don't know the circumstances. Maybe they sprayed the crap out of it before already running close to max HP level suggested for the cast crank, which to save a few bucks would be silly.
Save your pennies and put together a stout forged bottom end wether stroked or not, then build it up from there. You can do a couple seasons with smaller hydraulic flat tappit cam and cheap heads, then as you save up build/buy better heads and run a cam that with make use of the better breathing heads. The stout bottom end could last through multiple incarnations of the same motor. Good luck and enjoy the addiction!

Thanks! :thumblef: I like that idea, as my plan is to put the engine on a stand in my little shop and build it slow. I have no room to store the car at home and I need something to work on after work, not going to drive out to where I have the scamp every night, wherever that will be ? :/

oh and you nailed it on the head who needs ****** when there's Mopars and classic Chevy's just waiting for you....but idk ****** before a Ford ? maybe haha joking...

You can get some really good power from either a 360 or 5.9L Magnum engine without spending as much as building a 4" stroke properly. In the Magnum's case, you can buy it and drop it in and drive it with stock parts it still makes 300hp. buy parts as you beat on it.

A 360 is going to be your best bang for your buck. Once you raise the compression in a 360 its basically a stroked 340.

-
Back