Stroker's 68 Barracuda

-
20240815_120006.jpg

Did a test fit of the Super 6 manifold and whatever those 3 into 2 headers are that came with the car.

Laser cut the stainless piece to block off the EGR passage on the snout of the manifold. It'll be using a stock-style gasket there.

Also thrilled that even at .500" thick that water heater plate I made leaves enough room for the -8AN o-ring fittings above the header(s). I ended up having about 1.250" clearance and found a pair of 1" tall "low profile" 90° adapters from a company called DeatschWerks at Summit Racing. If you zoom in you can just barely see the blue anodized plate where the heat riser should be.

20240815_120000.jpg

Also finishing up on the underhood section of the harness. Just waiting on some .125" DR25 heat shrink that I ran out of, but didn't realize it.

I 3D printed an adapter for the firewall to fill the square that used to house the stock bulkhead connector. It keeps the HDP connector phased in the right direction and holds it in place pretty well. I'll get a shot of that up soon.

I laid a circuit for fog lights in the forward harness and I'm considering getting a set of amber round LED fogs for mounting in the mouth between the valance and the grill header. Not sure about that yet.

Also made up some brake lines from the master to the combination valve. Just have to attach the fronts and rear to that now.

20240827_145041.jpg

The water block under the manifold is done, minus the gasket. No parts stores in reasonable distance had any sheets of Fel Pro 3075 in stock. I hated to do it, but Amazon will have it here tomorrow.

20240827_145113.jpg

I bolted it up using the stock metal gasket, and, as I suspected, it leaked. I should be good with 3075 on the block off plate too. Now it'll only be sealing in water and that small pocket of air/fuel mixture from where the EGR port was.

20240827_145047.jpg

I got some low profile -8AN banjo swivels, then added -8 extensions and -10 adapters.

20240827_145051.jpg

20240827_145405.jpg

The headers are not in any of these pics, but I've got about .625" clearance between the header pipes and the -AN adapters. If it causes any excessive temperature increases in the coolant I'll add a heat shield.

20240827_145409.jpg

Not pictured yet, but I've adapted the heater core, the water pump heater outlet, and the cylinder head coolant tube to -AN. Overkill as usual. But it looks nice and will be easy to service.

Nect post will be more wore harness action. As of tonight I cut all my dash/front interior wires to length. I've made most of the sub-harnesses and I'm now bundling and branching the circuits that stem from the firewall connector.

-
Back