stuck and rust spark plug

-
If Alex is still building his car like he has for a while, he has extremely limited resources. I think Inertia's idea is probably going to be the best for his situation.

If any of you have not seen Alex's build thread, I would highly recommend it. It's truly amazing what he has done with not being able to buy new metal, have a shop to work in etc.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=83460

The work he did on the trunk floor pan and how he did it is amazing.

If the heads off the car,, you can knock the center out, and drill it to near the threads,, then collapse it..

I thought it was on the car..

If Alex is still building his car like he has for a while, he has extremely limited resources. I think Inertia's idea is probably going to be the best for his situation.

If any of you have not seen Alex's build thread, I would highly recommend it. It's truly amazing what he has done with not being able to buy new metal, have a shop to work in etc.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=83460

The work he did on the trunk floor pan and how he did it is amazing.

I just did a quick look at his first page, keep it up Alex.

Inertia's way will work, but try the wax trick,
I took alot of fasteners out of my 48 willys cj-2a using this method including the head studs, in the old flat head.
I was dealing with 65 years of east coast rust.
If you have access to bees wax it will work better than candle wax.

Open the exhaust valve and fill the cylinder full of Diesel Fuel... Let sit for and hour... Now that the head of the plug is rounded. You will need to get a Fractional socket and hammer it on to the spark plug now. Hit it with the impact a few times... If it dont come out.... Well like said before... Drill it out....
:)

my gawd it is a cylinder head...a place where lots of heat is commonplace .....heat the cylinder head around the broken spark plug and git on with it...Uhhgggg

thanks a lot for all suggestion...

What I did from yesterday until today:

yesterday turned the head upside down. I'm soaking the spark plugs brake fluid.

today I turned the heads up... and fill it with brake fluid.

tomorrow I'll drill the remainder porcelain out. (all spark plugs were original mopar, probably 30 years old)

I'll ask a friend to heat it .. and will pour the wax, as suggest.

If I can't get a socket to turn it, I'll use this tool ( I don't know the name, but I have some).

IMAG0434.jpg

The heads look like they could use a bath in the molasses tank that is recommended as rust remover in another thread here.

new try, no success

I have to heat the cylinder heads with a torch.. otherwise, I'll not succeed.

I let spark plugs soaking on acetone and brake fluid.

DSC08733.JPG

I've welded a nut on the old spark plug. Removed 2 more.

Now I only have to remove 4.

DSC08871.JPG

This hasn't been suggested but I have been known to toss them in an oven and bake them to remove broken bolts. Just make sure there is no residue that could cause an explosion. I used to have an old kitchen stove in the shop for such things. Might work on plugs if you have access to one.

Almost makes me wanna give you a set of heads for shipping cost.

Don't worry! shipping these heavy things from us to brazil would cost me a
kidney and an eye.

Moreover, I'm having some fun and learning a lot.

While I was welding, the spark plugs went hot. Now I think that penetrating fluid will work.

Almost makes me wanna give you a set of heads for shipping cost.

Don't worry! shipping these heavy things from us to brazil would cost me a
kidney and an eye.

Moreover, I'm having some fun and learning a lot.

While I was welding, the spark plugs went hot. Now I think that penetrating fluid will work.

Learning is great, I just hope they are not cracked after all this. That would suck dead rotten arctic monkey buttholes.

It would probably cost a small fortune to ship a pair of heads to Brazil.

I know it cost $75.00 to ship two dart tail-lights their.
The tail-lights might have weighed 15 lbs all packaged up.

Sounds scary, but we use an electric impact on the hard to get ones. Now don't go ramming the trigger all the way, go easy at first and apply as much torque as it will take. It works very well.

-
Back