Stuff I do while Truckin

-
Those damn e-logs.

Yeah, for a 'real' trucker they could be a pain. I just switched jobs a few months ago, and I don't work enough in a day/week to worry about it. They just put them in our trucks about a month ago.

Most our runs are day trips, and we load and unload ourselves. Several times we will hour out about half-hour from home. With paper logs I can cheat a 1/4 hour here and there so I can make it to my own bed. With the new e-logs I don't see that being possible. The thing that I despise is the cameras. One watches the road, and the other watches the driver. We 'adjusted' the driver one though; It gets a good view of the passenger door.

Also, we don't drive every day. I'm curious to see how they record off-duty, and on-duty not driving.

Also, we don't drive every day. I'm curious to see how they record off-duty, and on-duty not driving.

On mine, same as the paper logs. If I haven't driven in 2 days (weekend) as soon as I log in it will ask if I want to create off duty logs for that time frame.

e logs can help out some drivers but .It's going to make big business a bunch of money

I'm at the Pittsburg Mills .There's a small Chrysler Pacifica event here.I'm taking it to Florida later tonight

They're loading up!

20160506_193640.jpg
20160506_193644.jpg

picked up a new van and it went to DC then bob tailed up to Baltimore to pick up a ratty olf 1980 tank and now in Rochestertr at the Super 8 hotel till Sunday night and pick up a broadway show going to Columbus.

picked up a wrecked trailer in Choo Choo and taking it back to East Mfg in Randolf O.Stopped to get some new steer tires got 180,026 miles on the old ones!

20160519_202949.jpg

20160519_202949.jpg

FB_IMG_1463748753866.jpg

on my way to Winnipeg with part of a Carney ride to the Expo centre.I'll post up a pick in a little bit

Last edited:
Takes one hellova long time for this page to load and jumps around like there's no tomorrow. THANKS!!! new software

Welcome to Canada! Enjoy Winterpeg - erhm I mean Winnipeg.

Didn't read the whole thread but it looks like you've had some neat loads! I will say thanks for hauling **** all over the place. A lot of folks don't realize how much of a bind they would be in without semi trucks hauling all that **** they buy. But I do and I thank you.

Thanks.I'm in Williston Nd now.I went to Walmart while I was up there and got some back pain pills.Can't get them in the us without a Doctors script..I'm headed for Kent Washington tomorrow. I don't know when I'll be there I'm about outta hours

-
Back