Stumbled on a Pair of Early Cudas

-
Lol okla. 340duster340 I agree but 2200 for 2 barracudas done or not I think is pretty good deal.

Agreed 11k non numbers car in NY. long drive and steep price, i would go for two in Ga. unfinished closer trip.

In a heartbeat!!!
Drawbacks...
1)wrong coast
2)neighbors would shoot me (lol).

Agreed 11k non numbers car in NY. long drive and steep price, i would go for two in Ga. unfinished closer trip.

disagree...ecomically even with shipping, better off buying A done car. especially with the body and metal work those cars need. 2200 is hardly a bargain and unless you can do the work yourself you'll way over invest and even then you have to ask your self if its worth you time. also numbers matching? not a corvette doesn't matter, if anything it improves value. these cars are not that rare....and sadly outside our community here not that desirable.

unless you are just looking for something you can slap together on te cheap (I have even there)..I would pass.

even if you did get it you are looking at the following + labor.
150 fuel tank
60 sender
300 tires
2000 (?) stock rebuild on motor and trans (you not going to buckle his mystery motor in there)
200 radiator
50 carb rebuild kt
400 new rear leafs, hangersm ubolts
300 paint and primer, add 300 for Macao paint job or 2-3000 for a decent real one if you don't plan on doing it yourself
400 brake rebuild, add 250 for disc brake conversion
500+ interior
100 floor pan
100 trunk pan
50 new ujoints
100 new shocks
300+ new exhaust
300 seals, rubber etc
300+ new brake and fuel lines

Still a good deal, yep lotsa deals to be had on finished cars, but if ya can drive one and fix it at the same time good fun and learning I think. I wonder how many members cars are finished, versus unfinished but a drivable project??

disagree...ecomically even with shipping, better off buying A done car. especially with the body and metal work those cars need. 2200 is hardly a bargain and unless you can do the work yourself you'll way over invest and even then you have to ask your self if its worth you time. also numbers matching? not a corvette doesn't matter, if anything it improves value. these cars are not that rare....and sadly outside our community here not that desirable.

unless you are just looking for something you can slap together on te cheap (I have even there)..I would pass.

even if you did get it you are looking at the following + labor.
150 fuel tank
60 sender
300 tires
2000 (?) stock rebuild on motor and trans (you not going to buckle his mystery motor in there)
200 radiator
50 carb rebuild kt
400 new rear leafs, hangersm ubolts
300 paint and primer, add 300 for Macao paint job or 2-3000 for a decent real one if you don't plan on doing it yourself
400 brake rebuild, add 250 for disc brake conversion
500+ interior
100 floor pan
100 trunk pan
50 new ujoints
100 new shocks
300+ new exhaust
300 seals, rubber etc
300+ new brake and fuel lines

Point taken but ad says body outside done [owners's opinion] needs floor pan trunk pan. Has parts car [donor of said sheet metal?] i'm building a charger currently including purchase price we are into it for 2300$ budget goal is finished product 10 grand or less. The sheet metal is done we are doing the body prep now [engine machine work was done prior to purchase] that saves us quite a bit. I do all my own work so far nothing has been farmed out [when we get our intake,H.P. manifolds] they will go to a friend along with the heads for port/polish,port matching i'm not able to do that. We are still up in the air about painting it ourselves or sending it out got a couple of friends willing to squirt it for extra income.

340duster340 I get your point and you are right desirability is limited to mostly our community but a lot of what I have learned here is people wanting to preserve these old cars. There are lots of people on here doing projects as well as people looking for projects. As for there being a high availability I would disagree there just aren't that many still around.

We are the keepers of the undesirabile a bodys, here in Fla. there quite a few to be had from 3500-10,000 [needing a resto-1 owner car all orig. and any thing between] I personally agree that buying a done car makes more sence in this economy but i like doing my own thing [personalizeing] my cars and i don't have the cash to purchase a done car [but like you i'm getting tired] after the charger my cuda may never get done only time will tell.

don't get me wrong, I am with you guys in keeping these on the road. I just can't polish a turd. to me it's either resto or beater. all my cars are beaters...but have "restored" mechanicals and are really just a paint job/body work/interior/chrome/etc away from actually being a finished car. the reason for this is i don't want to have a 15k into a car.

current project (long story to go with it)

I personally enjoy the project. I get frustrated but overall I enjoy spending time working on it. My 65 Barracuda I probably have about 5000 to date (including the cost of the car) and I am currently working on primer and paint. After that rubber seals. I have done ALMOST everything myself.

I have built quite a few cars in the last 20 plus years [the charger is the first full on everything build] and i have always been able to turn out a presentable car that was show worthy [got trophys to prove] for under 10k. I know what you mean by spending too much for some thing that ain't worth that. My pontiac lemans wagon my fathers car added rims,paint,duals maybe 3500$ invested. My 79 impala bought from an estate, 355 small block,350 auto w shift kit,duals,rims/tires,paint job car was rebuilt 2 times 1999/2006 invested close to 9500$ in this one for both builds. My 1969 C10 fleetside done in 1991, 406 small block, 400 turbo stage 3 kit,411 rear, completly rebuilt [except engine/trans] frame off in 8 weeks by myself and a friend,all rusted metal cut out/custom rollpans made/replaced with [hand formed metal] and painted by my friend invested total of 7k in this one.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 003.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 009.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 210
Nothing like stumbling on a nice pair.... :D:glasses7:

I would love to fill the yard with old girls like those.. maybe not at that price.. but.. make one out of the two.. I need to start looking for another mopar for the kid to drive in 16 years...

-
Back