summit cams do not meet usa standards

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
anybody notice in new summit catalog notice that all non chevy cams do not meet usa standards? or has this been there for awhile?

I'm sure they are talking about US emissions laws. "Of course not" LOL

Summit catalog us canadians get.page 2 they say they try to support us companies but???

I prefer the cams that are "illegal" in Commiefornia. A year or more ago, I think either RRR or rumble was selling one of them, but someone beat me to it. I was disappointed. :BangHead:

Crap, I just got one in the mail today.

The cam I got today came in a plain white box, with a summit sticker on the end.
I doubt it came from china, the box is not the yellow rice colored cardboard that most china crap comes from.

The cam I got today came in a plain white box, with a summit sticker on the end.
I doubt it came from china, the box is not the yellow rice colored cardboard that most china crap comes from.
A plain white box with a summit sticker slapped on the back of it didn't sound red white and blue either... LOL
I think if I was a head of sales at a cam grinding company in America and wasn't able to get "proudly made in America" stamp on exiting boxes, I think I would have failed the company.

Screw it, cam was cheap, going to throw it in a supercharged 318 boosted motor, that I dont give to craps about with a little shot of NOS.

Agreed like an thanks just can't do it all in one!

Why not, stock 318, fresh it up a little, hone, rings bearings.
Small 174 B&M supercharger, hit it with a small 150hp shot.
What is the worst thing that will happen, I have to grab another 318 out of the barn.

Summit cams have been made in USA right from the rip. Crane makes them. They always have. That's why when Crane went under and S&S Cycles picked them up, there was a lull in production and it took them a while to get going again. It's been common knowledge for years that Summit cams were Crane. They are good cams.

Im not that techy(read old).page 155 in summit catalog.just looked closer, "summit cams made in usa unless noted"

-
Back