Summit ignition box

-
I'm giving advice on what I do now and that is I went from a factory ignition with ballast resistor and everything to full MSD and did not pick up or drop anytime on my time slip... Others results may differ but this is my experience...
Real world at the racetrack...
I know. I use a factory ignition too, with GREAT success, but 1). The OP didn't ask about factory ignition and 2). I'm getting tired of arguing in favor of it when people don't listen so I'm ALL FOR whatever he wants to do, he just needs to verify.

As would I, but I don't know and I'm not giving advice based on "I DON'T KNOW".
Exactly!
I know. I use a factory ignition too, with GREAT success, but 1). The OP didn't ask about factory ignition and 2). I'm getting tired of arguing in favor of it when people don't listen so I'm ALL FOR whatever he wants to do, he just needs to verify.
As my Mom said,
“You can’t put an old head on young shoulders.”

Exactly why I have people on ignore when logic fails insults ensue...
Every so once in a while I unlock a page to confirm my decisions...
To the OP I would be shocked to find out that any aftermarket ignition box Worth itself wasn't accommodated by a full 12 volt coil...

Screenshot_20220731-101349.png

I just want easier starts and a ignition system I can better understand, new to mopars and I fugured with a universal wiring harness it would be easier to tackle. I plan on using the factory wiring and ignition switch in the steering column. All the rest of the wiring will be all new.

Also If I do buy this ignition box I can ditch the orange ignition box currently in my car correct?

Also If I do buy this ignition box I can ditch the orange ignition box currently in my car correct?
When I ran this box on a friends Chevy PU w/a pretty hot 383.
It did very well. As I said earlier in this post.

I’d leave the orange box & ballast resister in there and ready to go should the ignition take a dump. But yes you can bypass or remove that system entirely.

I used that box to completely replace the factory stuff. It has a rev limiter builtin and I used a coil from a mid 80's Ford Ranger. The coil had a nice mounting bracket.

It works good, I had no problems with it.

-
Back