Sunday Mopar Madness Winner winner chicken dinner at Dragway 42

-

71Demon528

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What a weekend it was at Dragway 42. Looked like Friday and Saturday we’re going to be total washouts and only good day was Sunday. Well Friday all day was beautiful and it started sprinkling Friday night after first round of the gamblers race. That stayed around for a while til finally they made the decision to finish the gamblers on Saturday cause weather was looking better and better for Saturday. Well Saturday came and we had some serious storms which we were not expecting. We expected rain, but not this much rain. This was enough rain to cancel any race and mostly everywhere I go to. But not Dragway 42. They did not cancel the race. They dried the track and we raced. Got the entire main event in. They even considered finishing fridays gamblers race late, but ultimately did not do that. Sunday was beautiful as expected and they got the entire day in.

Sunday my business partner and close friend Danny ended the weekend with winning super pro in his Roadrunner. Car was great all weekend and Danny can pound the tree to death especially when he gets in a rhythm. After a lifter failure last season on a brand new build, it’s been a struggle. Finally he was able to park that car in the winner circle after making constant changes to the car last year and this year to try and fine tune it and get it where we want it. Hell of a way to end the weekend. Can’t wait for the next Mopar race at Norwalk in September.

97F81F41-CA13-4256-993D-805047B2E425.jpeg

I tried to follow along as much as possible on Facebook. Coverage was limited as word of mouth was kinda slow. I saw lots of small tire videos but it’s boring to me with the clocks off.

IMG_3900.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_3885.jpeg

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

I tried to follow along as much as possible on Facebook. Coverage was limited as word of mouth was kinda slow. I saw lots of small tire videos but it’s boring to me with the clocks off.

View attachment 1716285453

View attachment 1716285454

View attachment 1716285455

View attachment 1716285456

View attachment 1716285457

View attachment 1716285458

View attachment 1716285459

Thanks John. Ya I wish 42 would get the same type of app Norwalk has so can follow along with someone’s car number. I bet that will happen in the future for that place.

That blue Demon in king of street was NASTY! Wish I coulda saw what it ran but it was no joke. That was the only KOS I saw but it was awesome. It was extremely clean and detailed and ran good.

I wish I was better and more attentive to taking pictures. We had a nice tent setup with a BPR Transmission banner hanging, little info table, all of the cars lined up next to one another, Danny, Gene, my dad, Nick Allison. My mind is so everywhere else except taking photos until I get home and realize “damnit! Why didn’t I take more photos!” Lol.

I sure got some photos of my daughter this weekend though. Lol. She sure didn’t like it because it’s too loud where we pitted and she’s just too young at this point. Next year will hopefully treat her better at the track.

Darn, I wanted one of you guys to grab me a t-shirt, but I didn't even realize it was upon us already.

The psychedelic roadrunner with shoebox is a members car. His Dads freshly redone I believe?
Congrats to the OP by the way! :thumbsup:

Thank you!

If you mean the black road runner with the stripes, ya that’s my dads lol. That’s me inside the passenger side door turning the go pro on.

Yes freshly redone Hemi.

I’m betting if you get ahold of this Hemi challenger on Moparts he could probably find a shirt to sell you. He must be a promoter or something.

Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 2024

That’s Gary Murphy I believe. Super stock Hemi challenger. I bet you could even call Maryann at 42 and she could help out getting a shirt

That’s Gary Murphy I believe. Super stock Hemi challenger. I bet you could even call Maryann at 42 and she could help out getting a shirt

I’m not sure if the track gets involved with track rentals and shirt sales or not. I know at the Ace Races at 42 they sell them right at the event trailer. I’m thinking it could be quite the gamble making shirts for every event. We had to go to the “she-shed” if we wanted a Dragway 42 shirt where they also sell fuel.

I’m not sure if the track gets involved with track rentals and shirt sales or not. I know at the Ace Races at 42 they sell them right at the event trailer. I’m thinking it could be quite the gamble making shirts for every event. We had to go to the “she-shed” if we wanted a Dragway 42 shirt where they also sell fuel.

I meant she probably could point you in the direction of where to get event shirts. I agree I don’t think they get shirts every event.

What a weekend it was at Dragway 42. Looked like Friday and Saturday we’re going to be total washouts and only good day was Sunday. Well Friday all day was beautiful and it started sprinkling Friday night after first round of the gamblers race. That stayed around for a while til finally they made the decision to finish the gamblers on Saturday cause weather was looking better and better for Saturday. Well Saturday came and we had some serious storms which we were not expecting. We expected rain, but not this much rain. This was enough rain to cancel any race and mostly everywhere I go to. But not Dragway 42. They did not cancel the race. They dried the track and we raced. Got the entire main event in. They even considered finishing fridays gamblers race late, but ultimately did not do that. Sunday was beautiful as expected and they got the entire day in.

Sunday my business partner and close friend Danny ended the weekend with winning super pro in his Roadrunner. Car was great all weekend and Danny can pound the tree to death especially when he gets in a rhythm. After a lifter failure last season on a brand new build, it’s been a struggle. Finally he was able to park that car in the winner circle after making constant changes to the car last year and this year to try and fine tune it and get it where we want it. Hell of a way to end the weekend. Can’t wait for the next Mopar race at Norwalk in September.

View attachment 1716285444

That roadrunner was parked 50 feet down from us.
Nick Allison was just next door to us, then that Runner.
Cool car

Cool cars I love those P & g (?) body's .
Lebaron, Daytona, shadows whatever.
Tube chassis them and send it

Last edited:
Congratulations to your buddy on the win.
My son got a few pictures of that car. I'll try to get them and post them up.
Weather was pretty crazy...
I was out trying to work out my issues with the gen3 hemi.
Here's some of my car.
My wife wasn't impressed

Screenshot_20240806_075256_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240806_075141_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240806_075117_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240806_074646_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240806_074606_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240806_074509_Gallery.jpg

View attachment 1716285444
Nice job guys, Congrats!!!

That roadrunner was parked 50 feet down from us.
Nick Allison was just next door to us, then that Runner.
Cool car

Darn it! That was where I was at. With Nick Allison, and my other team members. 50 feet away and can’t believe we didn’t meet up. Is yours the Silver Dart?

Congratulations to your buddy on the win.
My son got a few pictures of that car. I'll try to get them and post them up.
Weather was pretty crazy...
I was out trying to work out my issues with the gen3 hemi.
Here's some of my car.
My wife wasn't impressed

View attachment 1716285831

View attachment 1716285832

View attachment 1716285833

View attachment 1716285834

View attachment 1716285835

View attachment 1716285836

My buddy with the blue roadrunner would love a 68 cuda. It’s his favorite car. And he’s been wanting a G3 Hemi as well for a long time. Maybe you two could trade lol.

-
Back