Super B wing on Dart ????

-
??? Yha the pics were what the OP asked for, the duster was just a throw in because it's a cool concept. (Might not be a swinger model btw, IDK what trim level dart he started with)

Top 2 pics are a dart swinger. Can tell by shape of 1/4 window and vent window.

I really must know more about this aero-duster. Was this an official concept? Or something an individual came up with? I can't seem to find any info.

Here yha go, and a duster too.

I know just from reading this thread that I will catch flack for this.. but I actually kinda like the 'Dart-Bird' .... lol... I love the wing cars, and more or less agree its best to leave the wing on just those two cars... but every now and then I think it would be cool to put the wing on something else... lol...

I've seen this Daytona concept before on a Duster body in pictures.
I think it works good. But not on a Dart.
If someone actually produced good kits for Dusters, I consider doing it to my Dart Sports just to get rid of the pecker nose and to have people think it was "real" on the interstates.
The second part alone would be worth it.

This car was at the Woodward Dream Cruise...claimed to be the first wing car (test car maybe? I don't remember exact what the sign said). Not sure if he was serious or joking about what it was.
Paul

2887735287_20db4e084b.jpg

Maybe it was this one I remember seeing http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3141/2887735287_20db4e084b.jpg Not sure anymore. Looks about right though.

66 or 67 Dodge Charger never was supposed to have a wing. I have seen this car in person and it is very nice and the wing compliments it.[/QUOTE

I just found this out. I better keep mine below 150 since I don't have a spoiler
http://www.squidoo.com/1966-dodge-charger
"In 1966 Dodge took the Charger into NASCAR in hopes that the fastback would make their car a winner on the high-banks. But the car proved to have rear end lift around corners which made it very slippery on the faster tracks. The lift was because the air actually traveled faster over the top of the car than under it, causing the car to act like a giant airplane wing. Drivers would later claim that "it was like driving on ice." In order to solve this problem Dodge installed in a small lip spoiler on the trunk lid which improved traction at speeds above 150 mph (240 km/h). They also had to make it a dealer-installed option in late 1966 and through 1967 because of NASCAR rules (with small quarter panel extensions in 1967). The 1966 Charger was the first US production vehicle to have a spoiler. David Pearson, driving a #6 Cotten Owens-prepared Charger, went on to win the NASCAR Grand National championship in 1966 with 14 first-place finishes."

i think it would look dumb.
The job may be well done, but when i see customization like that, the cars just look wrong and remind me of something that's ''bondoed'' up.
I guess i just saw too many cars running around in the '70s with flares etc. that were bondoed up pieces of crap and remember how they looked a couple of years later all cracked and falling apart.
Gawd.......

I like the look of the Winged Dart or Daytona Dart or Dart Daytona. It has good clean flowing lines which gives it eye appeal in my opinion. It is obviously a custom built car. Nothing wrong with that. Guys on here have put factory-type hood scoops on 340 Dusters and made them look nice even though the scoops were not a factory option.

As soooo many of us have stated to other guys contemplating changing their cars around, "it is your car, do what you like with it to please you."

(I had to put on my best StrokerScamp face to type that last comment LOL)

A couple pics.

Attachments

• image_551252.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 350
  • wrong-1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 1968_Dodge_Daroo-I_03.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 306
ahh what heck ........might as well....:banghead:

Attachments

• cba.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 306
  • cba1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 296
  • po2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 336
  • rp48.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 297
  • wing3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 302
that green Charger would be cooler if the wing had been taller... I think they made the wing too short

he has no business owning a mopar because he wants to put a mopar wing on his mopar? Just because it's bigger than the one they typically used?

Does that mean all the people who put things bigger than a 340/360 in their dusters/darts have no business owning mopars? D:

Nope, Not at all. A big ole honkin wing on a small a-body reminds me of a Mustang Cobra-R. And when a mopar starts to remind people of a Furd... It's the beginning of a catastrophe.

But, it's just my own personal oppinion. And that's all it will remain.

odd. It reminds me much more of a superbird or daytona than a 90's ricer looking-car. :p

I know just from reading this thread that I will catch flack for this.. but I actually kinda like the 'Dart-Bird' .... lol... I love the wing cars, and more or less agree its best to leave the wing on just those two cars... but every now and then I think it would be cool to put the wing on something else... lol...

I have to agree. The Dart pictured looks great with a wing and I would drive one.

attachment.php

66 or 67 Dodge Charger never was supposed to have a wing. I have seen this car in person and it is very nice and the wing compliments it.[/QUOTE

I just found this out. I better keep mine below 150 since I don't have a spoiler
http://www.squidoo.com/1966-dodge-charger
"In 1966 Dodge took the Charger into NASCAR in hopes that the fastback would make their car a winner on the high-banks. But the car proved to have rear end lift around corners which made it very slippery on the faster tracks. The lift was because the air actually traveled faster over the top of the car than under it, causing the car to act like a giant airplane wing. Drivers would later claim that "it was like driving on ice." In order to solve this problem Dodge installed in a small lip spoiler on the trunk lid which improved traction at speeds above 150 mph (240 km/h). They also had to make it a dealer-installed option in late 1966 and through 1967 because of NASCAR rules (with small quarter panel extensions in 1967). The 1966 Charger was the first US production vehicle to have a spoiler. David Pearson, driving a #6 Cotten Owens-prepared Charger, went on to win the NASCAR Grand National championship in 1966 with 14 first-place finishes."

I know they used a duck tail type spoiler but they didnt use a daytona wing on it. Also it wasnt around then either.

I have to agree. The Dart pictured looks great with a wing and I would drive one.

attachment.php
Thats about the way I invisioned it in my head but why put the scolps in the back and call it a superbird.Its a dodge and looks more like a daytona to me anyways with the straighter lines.I like it.

Thats about the way I invisioned it in my head but why put the scolps in the back and call it a superbird.Its a dodge and looks more like a daytona to me anyways with the straighter lines.I like it.

for some reason , all that just works, i would drive the wheels off it. i would have done it in a mini daytona fashion as well

I'm seriously considering an aero-duster down the road, if I can find a reliable local fabricator :3

-
Back