Super Charged Slant Six

-
see thats near what valves i was looking to run... maybe even a slightly smaller exhaust valve and bigger intake...

and for bill... thanks for giving me a reference as you shown above...

this helps alot in placing goals for what i can make happen...

my next question would be do you need a 2.02 intake valve to flow 300cfm??

"Do you need a 2.02 intake valve to flow 300cfm?? "

I have no idea, but I can't see where it would hurt.

I am anything but a cylinder head expert, but I have seen those little 302 Chevy small blocks with the 2.02"/1.6" valve setups make a LOT of power, normally-aspirated, and just thought the comparison with the /6 valve setup (area/size) was interesting. As you can see, the benefits of a large bore/small stroke configuration seem to yield impresssive benefits on a normally-aspirated engine, due to the large valves that setup makes possible.

The only way I can see defeating that philosophy, is with forced induction. The /6 is an engine taylor-made to take advantage of those benefits. That's my take on it, anyway...:toothy7:

Yeah the turbo tubing came in yesterday and so did the lexan to replace the glass, hopefully we will be able to get the weight down to about 2250 because we a removing the cast iron heads, the old stock radiator and of course moving the battery to the trunk, with 800 horsepower and a transbrake tranny it should make for a fun fun hot rod

Yeah the turbo tubing came in yesterday and so did the lexan to replace the glass, hopefully we will be able to get the weight down to about 2250 because we a removing the cast iron heads, the old stock radiator and of course moving the battery to the trunk, with 800 horsepower and a transbrake tranny it should make for a fun fun hot rod

lol and what car are you trying to get to 2250??

marks lancer weights 2350 and it is gutted, and alot of cutting...

Attachments

• 101_4412.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 308
Pretty sure I will bee able to run in the 11,30s,after I freshen up my motor.I ran a 11.43 spinning off the line,with over 350 passes on this motor 2 weekends ago.I now have the A/gas and B/gas slant records.This is a all motor on gas,footbrakeing car.Just added 350lbs to the car and will bee going for the C/gas record sept 11th in Sacremento.Current record in c gas is 12.08.Guzzi Mark

That is some impressive numbers and achievments with a /6!!! good luck with the C/gas record in sept.

First off I am defending a friends car that you made the offensive remark about. Secondly...My feelings are not hurt at all! As far as your second offensive remark about the girlie pants only a little Bi*ch would make comment like that! Have good day and good luck with any projects you may working on! Mopar to ya!

Man, you are really thin skinned. I never made an offensive comment. All I said was I'd do it differently. But let's not get dude's thread off track anymore, ok?

Moparsofmn, calm yourself down a tad and grow a thicker skin.

my dart, its gutted, no interior, fibglass parts, aluminum (if i spell it wrong dont say anything) and basically just went way overboard with weight loss

cant imagine more than 200lbs... slant is the same as a small block...

I remember reading somewhere a slant actually eclipses the small block by like 30 pounds or so. I've never weighed them so I don't know if that's true or not. It wouldnot surprise me though. As long as they were compared with the same accessories....or lack thereof.

Also....I have seen around here I think that that Lancer body that Mark has is the lightest A body?!?!? Somehow, the 63 A bodies would seem like they were lighter.....at least I would think. They certainly look smaller....course that can be deceiving.

Mark, your car is what? 2350? I wonder what it would do in the 2700 pound range? It's flyin for sho. I love that thing.

if we have to explain, you will never understand. you order your parts out of a catalog, where as i make mine. but a little fabrication and being different doesnt scare me.

Sure does look like it's all buttoned up there.....How close is it?

Considering the cubic inch advantage, it isn't a issue to be bothered with and worry about. No replacement for displacement.

OH! Of course you'll shove the charging of an an engine in my face.

I remember reading somewhere a slant actually eclipses the small block by like 30 pounds or so. I've never weighed them so I don't know if that's true or not. It wouldnot surprise me though. As long as they were compared with the same accessories....or lack thereof.

Also....I have seen around here I think that that Lancer body that Mark has is the lightest A body?!?!? Somehow, the 63 A bodies would seem like they were lighter.....at least I would think. They certainly look smaller....course that can be deceiving.

Mark, your car is what? 2350? I wonder what it would do in the 2700 pound range? It's flyin for sho. I love that thing.

i think the mid 60's valiant/dart may be lighter but yes his car is 2350....

and we wont know what it runs at 2700 lbs untill the sac race... he already has A/Gas (11.43) and B/Gas (11.50)...

Considering the cubic inch advantage, it isn't a issue to be bothered with and worry about. No replacement for displacement.

OH! Of course you'll shove the charging of an an engine in my face.

Not me.......I agree with you! It's still cool to see a N/A slant settin records.

i think the mid 60's valiant/dart may be lighter but yes his car is 2350....

and we wont know what it runs at 2700 lbs untill the sac race... he already has A/Gas (11.43) and B/Gas (11.50)...

Yeah...he's goin after um all. lol Bill just posted some weight info on the A bodies. The Lancer is among the lightest, but not the absolute lightest. At least according to the list. No doubt you chose your body well, Mark! Now....I need some fiberglass body parts for my 63 Dart......

My car is actually a 62 Valiant,the lightest of the a bodies.I put the Lancer hood on it for better areo,and I like the looks better.Car as raced in Eureka was at 2325lbs with 2 gal of fuel.I have added 350lbs of weight,rear bumper,decklid,forklift spare tire and wheel,and made a 100lbs passenger seat.Will fine tune the weight by adding more fuel.Will bee running at Sacremento at 2710lbs.Will be very close on getting the C/gas record at 12.08 according to my calculations.Guzzi Mark

My car is actually a 62 Valiant,the lightest of the a bodies.I put the Lancer hood on it for better areo,and I like the looks better.Car as raced in Eureka was at 2325lbs with 2 gal of fuel.I have added 350lbs of weight,rear bumper,decklid,forklift spare tire and wheel,and made a 100lbs passenger seat.Will fine tune the weight by adding more fuel.Will bee running at Sacremento at 2710lbs.Will be very close on getting the C/gas record at 12.08 according to my calculations.Guzzi Mark

Good luck with your record attempt. When is the Sacramento race?

Update on Steve Nittis duster...It ran a new best 1/8th mile time of 6.94 wich should equate to a high 10 second pass. He is having Sharadon Performance install a trans brake so the car can launch at full boost. It now lifts the drivers side front tire momentarily on foot brake now so it should lift them a little higher leaving on full boost! go to you tube under ...slant six lifting a tire again It lifts it up just alittle in that video but the best one so far was a 2-3 inch lift andabout a 6 inch carry. But do to a new camera learning curve it did not get recorded...Damn!

-
Back