Super Gas

-
One of you mentioned Sheldon Gecker. A friend of mine raced at Brainard back in 88. Sheldon was starting to use his throttle stop at the start of the race as it is today. Every one else was using them at the end on the track.
KING KONG PLYMOUTH!!!! BLAST FROM THE PAST.

I am sure most of you guys are like me. You race in a class you can afford. My car looks like and is built to look like a Super Stock hemi A body. The cage is a hemi super stock 7.50 cert. I run the Hemi hood even though my dominator on the B1 motor nearly hits the hood. The reason I do this is simple. I don' t have a five hundred thousand dollar budget. I have friends that run those cars it's insane. 150,000.00 Gets you a car. Then try and travel for a year running that class. I would do it if I had the money. We all would. Can you imagine running in the Hemi shoot out at the US Nationals. Jeg Cofflin drove Harry Holts car and won it. Step out of a pro stock jump in a hemi ss/ah car with a 5" trans brake button and spank every one. Not to mention the 10 grand pay Out. NHRA should call them sm/ah. Modified not stock. The real hemi cars had fiber glass fenders and hoods. They run carbon fiber **** now! Who has 7000.00 for the front end! The hemi cars had Dana's. Why does NHRA allow a Ford 9" in a class called Super STOCK!. Chow for now.

-
Back