Super Six fuel mileage

-
Chucky is this helping

i was just thinking that...

what i would do is get a good tach... see what your cruizing rpm is @ different speeds...

this will help you fibd what rpm the engine is happiest..

then get a tire and gear combo to keep up with your hwy speeds and your good to go... but over 55/60 you'll start hurting milage

Attachments

• TNT manifold start outside middle inside runners.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 165
Headers that don't cost more in body parts than I have. Will it still be a driver?

lol you guys are crackin me up! i have the push button 3 speed. HYPERMILING! THATS THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR! lol yes, this is helping. this post was just more of an inquiry, but it is definitly a learning experience.

I dont get run over, but after 50 the fuel gauge begins to move faster than the car. Even with the smaller tires.

lol you guys are crackin me up! i have the push button 3 speed. HYPERMILING! THATS THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR! lol yes, this is helping. this post was just more of an inquiry, but it is definitly a learning experience.

I dont get run over, but after 50 the fuel gauge begins to move faster than the car. Even with the smaller tires.

Is the tires you have on now bigger or smaller than your old ones?

What will the wall thickness be and will you be using DOM tubing?

yes on DOM... i dont want that seam in there... as for tubing it will depend on the specs of the engine but i plan on making two models... one for racing ( around 1.70ID) an a stock/mild model (around 1.60)ID...

yes on DOM... i dont want that seam in there... as for tubing it will depend on the specs of the engine but i plan on making two models... one for racing ( around 1.70ID) an a stock/mild model (around 1.60)ID...

I'll send you a pm later for price with EFI bungs.

dan,
did that come out in 76 as a 77 model year, or did it come out on 76 cars?

Came out on '76 cars -- not available in A-bodies even in '76. Aspen/Volaré and other \6 cars, trucks and vans yes, starting in the '76 model year. Don't know what books you're looking at; my info's direct from Chrysler (and yes, I have pulled Super Six setups off '76s)

I read this it is a known figure about the Dart lite getting close to 30 +mpg

Even more amazing is that thanks to less wieght and more creative engineering, the Spirit of 76 Dart lite achieved an impressive 36 mpg highway! Use of aluminum internal bracing, bumper structures, and an aluminum intake manifold lightened up the entire coupe. A specially prepared carburetor and distributor were mated to the leaning tower of power slant six engine under the hood. With a four-speed manual transmission linked up to some tall highway rear gears, the Dart made for 36 mpg

Makes me wanna swap my v8 out during the winter run my slant, then spring time drop in my v8 for the summer season and fun.
I may do that if gas hits 6.00 a gallon since I will never stop driving as a daily driver one way or another!=D>

I read this it is a known figure about the Dart lite getting close to 30 +mpg

Even more amazing is that thanks to less wieght and more creative engineering, the Spirit of 76 Dart lite achieved an impressive 36 mpg highway! Use of aluminum internal bracing, bumper structures, and an aluminum intake manifold lightened up the entire coupe. A specially prepared carburetor and distributor were mated to the leaning tower of power slant six engine under the hood. With a four-speed manual transmission linked up to some tall highway rear gears, the Dart made for 36 mpg

Makes me wanna swap my v8 out during the winter run my slant, then spring time drop in my v8 for the summer season and fun.
I may do that if gas hits 6.00 a gallon since I will never stop driving as a daily driver one way or another!=D>

Did they build all of them that way or was it a prototype?

omg chuck why wold u pick aq fight with thes guy they know more then me and u i told u they would rip u a part lmao good luck son

Who's picking a fight?! Lol we're all good here!

agreed

Nah we wasn't that hard on him.

alot of people dont really know what a slant six is capable of (in any aspect) because they are to close minded to try new things...

him saying 30mpg with a 170? really should be a normal thing with a GOOD driver and the right set up... i think even higher with a better design cam and head work...

-
Back