Super Six fuel mileage

-
Like dartdoctor said. Its got 200,00+ on it now. But around tax time, I should have a different motor in it. I'm just curious as to what all everyone gets with theirs. I know what the tired motor is gonna get. The single barrel is getting around 30 with good plugs in it.

I said my slant gets AROUND 30mpg. if your gonna quote. please do so with accuracy, especially if your going to imply that im a lier.

Dart- with yours and brooks lead foot. I wouldnt expect you to get anywhere near 30mpg. lol

Your quote not mine around 30 means 30 mpg or better you said it not me go back and reread what you said. And I did not imply it if I was I would have said it so don't twist other members words around to make yourself look better.

There is no way your /6 is getting 30mpg. They never have and never will.
18-20 mpg is the most that has been posted here.

Your quote not mine around 30 means 30 mpg or better you said it not me go back and reread what you said. And I did not imply it if I was I would have said it so don't twist other members words around to make yourself look better.

i said the car gets AROUND 30- meaning, if i have my foot on the throttle harder than usual, but still not hot rodding the car i get about 26. when driving with my toe, ive got so much as 30. therefore, around 30.

as far as the implication is concerned, "they never have and never will". Read that and tell me that "lier" can not be implied there, whether it be intentionally or not. Sure, you may not have meant that. It still comes across that way.

Now that this is all cleared up. let it be known that whether or not these posts sound pissy to you OTR. There were no hard feelings from my end and i apologize if it did in fact seem so. :tonqe:

i said the car gets AROUND 30- meaning, if i have my foot on the throttle harder than usual, but still not hot rodding the car i get about 26. when driving with my toe, ive got so much as 30. therefore, around 30.

as far as the implication is concerned, "they never have and never will". Read that and tell me that "lier" can not be implied there, whether it be intentionally or not. Sure, you may not have meant that. It still comes across that way.

Now that this is all cleared up. let it be known that whether or not these posts sound pissy to you OTR. There were no hard feelings from my end and i apologize if it did in fact seem so. :tonqe:

There are no hard feelings. But you need to put more info in our post and be as accurate a you can. Sometimes that is hard to do. and I was not calling you a Lair and I am sorry it came off that way. But as I was growing up around in that text o f a sentence means that or better you say give or take.

I have not seen a /6 get 30mpg or better without modifications like that was posted from slant6.org if you read carefully he put in a late A833 4 speed od trans changed his tire size and his rear gear which is easy to do. But most people keep what is in their car. I had a Duster with a /6 904 and the best it would so was 16 on the HWY. Your car is not much lighter.

i really dont see 30mph being that hard to reach...

i drove my 68 dart to MATS from Phoenix and got 20mpg on the trip there and back...

BUT i have a heavily built motor, .475 lift/246 @ .050 cam,3.91's sure grip, and run 14's...

and i have a 600 HOLLEY DOUBLE PUMPER CARB!

i really dont see 30mph being that hard to reach...

i drove my 68 dart to MATS from Phoenix and got 20mpg on the trip there and back...

BUT i have a heavily built motor, .475 lift/246 @ .050 cam,3.91's sure grip, and run 14's...

and i have a 600 HOLLEY DOUBLE PUMPER CARB!

You're right but it has to be a right combination of parts as well you know to achieve it and you really have all the everything to match. If not it just will get the same or worse. Plus the member at /6.org didn't keep records or document everything. Data is what tells the truth.

The fastest i drive this car on the hwy is 50. i was running 195-70-14's when i got the improvment of fuel mileage which is when i got the 30 i was also letting the car practically pull itself. I unfortunatly had to get rid of those tires since they were dry rotted. i have 215-75-14's on the back now and the car hates it. I forget what they call this new "green" style of driving, but you put the car in N when slowing for a stop sign or light. You also begin decelleration a much longer distance back having to use your brakes sparringly : ) (makes them last longer too). I like to practice these little methods being that gas is so high and the car is quite old. i try to do everything i can to improve fuel mileage. Now if these practices would just work with my 1/2 ton.... the thirsty turd

You're right but it has to be a right combination of parts as well you know to achieve it and you really have all the everything to match. If not it just will get the same or worse. Plus the member at /6.org didn't keep records or document everything. Data is what tells the truth.

very true... thats why i laugh at guys putting OD's on motors ment for the top end... they need to get the motor to cruise @ 3 grands to be efficient...

The fastest i drive this car on the hwy is 50. i was running 195-70-14's when i got the improvment of fuel mileage which is when i got the 30 i was also letting the car practically pull itself. I unfortunatly had to get rid of those tires since they were dry rotted. i have 215-75-14's on the back now and the car hates it. I forget what they call this new "green" style of driving, but you put the car in N when slowing for a stop sign or light. You also begin decelleration a much longer distance back having to use your brakes sparringly : ) (makes them last longer too). I like to practice these little methods being that gas is so high and the car is quite old. i try to do everything i can to improve fuel mileage. Now if these practices would just work with my 1/2 ton.... the thirsty turd

Chucky can I ask a question and one suggestion? What trans do you have?
and join Slant6.org lots of great information on there, but do a search and read before posting. Now if you want to get 30 and better,join there.

If you have a 904 is a good trans but a OD will give you better gas mileage or change to a 4 speed A833 OD see what gear you have in the rear and get taller tires(height) once all that is done take it to get your speedo calibrated.

Then keep a log of how much gas you put in and the mileage that will tell you more than anything to improve mileage driving does help but you can get the same results driving 55-65 without getting run over.

Cliff! Why in the world did you scrap your cuda?

Too much rust it would be cheaper to buy one that wasn't so bad for a little more money. Or compare the price of parts and shipping I can buy another one for in better shape.

Chucky can I ask a question and one suggestion? What trans do you have?
and join Slant6.org lots of great information on there, but do a search and read before posting. Now if you want to get 30 and better,join there.

If you have a 904 is a good trans but a OD will give you better gas mileage or change to a 4 speed A833 OD see what gear you have in the rear and get taller tires(height) once all that is done take it to get your speedo calibrated.

Then keep a log of how much gas you put in and the mileage that will tell you more than anything to improve mileage driving does help but you can get the same results driving 55-65 without getting run over.

hey cliff if you notice he said his milage dropped when he got a bigger tire so the he might need a little more gear to run a taller tire...

very true... thats why i laugh at guys putting OD's on motors ment for the top end... they need to get the motor to cruise @ 3 grands to be efficient...

True but that is why you put a lower gear set in.

hey cliff if you notice he said his milage dropped when he got a bigger tire so the he might need a little more gear to run a taller tire...

Yes a little more gear or a lot more for OD and he needs to have his speedo recalibrate I'm sure with bigger tires it is off.

My dream combination would be a EFI set up on the super six intake a T5 trans 15 in tires along with 3.91 rear gears depending on the ratio of the gears are in the 5 speed

I'm curious as to what a modified /6 can get if you are "hypermiling".
Back in the late 70's when i used my 70 Charger (383 magnum) as a daily driver I could
get around 17mpg hwy if I drove really nice . (I was running 2.9 gears at the time).
I'm a freak about checking mileage ... it's a game to me.
So I can't imagine that it would be impossible to get into the 30's with a few mods in a lite car with a /6..

I know the OP said Bone Stock.

I must include that I have no experience with /6's , but am more and more fascinated
with them as time goes on .

My dream combination would be a EFI set up on the super six intake a T5 trans 15 in tires along with 3.91 rear gears depending on the ratio of the gears are in the 5 speed

nice... why the super six intake? use a long ram intake...

I'm curious as to what a modified /6 can get if you are "hypermiling".
Back in the late 70's when i used my 70 Charger (383 magnum) as a daily driver I could
get around 17mpg hwy if I drove really nice . (I was running 2.9 gears at the time).
I'm a freak about checking mileage ... it's a game to me.
So I can't imagine that it would be impossible to get into the 30's with a few mods in a lite car with a /6..

I know the OP said Bone Stock.

I must include that I have no experience with /6's , but am more and more fascinated
with them as time goes on .

Stock /6 with a 1 bbl carb but the question remains what trans he has and rear gear. I'm not sure of the hp rating,but there are different set up from the factory

i was thinking better for increased/even air speed between cylinders but yea it gives great torque below i think 5K

I will check into Aussie speed parts they have a intake for EFI I just hope I don't modify one.

-
Back