Supercharger or Not? Your Educated Opinion

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
I have a B&M 144 Supercharger and want some ideas on whether I should include it in my 340 Build. I planned on a stroker 422 and not sure if I should include the supercharger or not. Or go stock stroke with the supercharger. Or forget the supercharger and put it on my 318.

I have a stroker crank, Block bored .060, no pistons or rods yet. I just bought eddie heads and will need rockers and valve train, cam etc. If you had these parts (and you know what your doing, lol) Please tell me what you would do. Thanks Much..

I have a B&M 144 Supercharger and want some ideas on whether I should include it in my 340 Build. I planned on a stroker 422 and not sure if I should include the supercharger or not. Or go stock stroke with the supercharger. Or forget the supercharger and put it on my 318.

I have a stroker crank, Block bored .060, no pistons or rods yet. I just bought eddie heads and will need rockers and valve train, cam etc. If you had these parts (and you know what your doing, lol) Please tell me what you would do. Thanks Much..

That would depend on what my goal was. Fully ported eddy heads on that stroker engine will be good, especially with a roller cam.
Those blowers run out of steam quickly on 400cid engines!

That would depend on what my goal was. Fully ported eddy heads on that stroker engine will be good, especially with a roller cam.

Brain, we need to talk near future. This is one of the motors (actually individual parts) I wanted to bring down to you. As of right now, 408/W2s/6-71. Still waiting to see if you hear anything out of the Indy camp re: a new dedicated W2 blower manifold.

Goal is to get the most power I can (with the parts I have) to the 4:10 rearend under 6000 RPM's In addition to the parts listed above, I have an
an Offenhauser Intake Manifold, Port-O-Sonic, Single Plane Square Bore Intake or a Performer RPM 340 Intake. So do I stroke and forget B&M or no stroke and use B&M?

If you can afford it and your motor can take it there is no better way to get HP, why do you think TF & TA cars use em.

Nothing beats a BLOWER setting on top of a Hemi .... enough said !!!!!!!!!!!

The Dart 002.jpg

-
Back