Susie R/T

-
I have had a rally wheel on the back of this thing because the rally wheel has a tire that actually holds air.

well I been looking and I think something looks odd about this car now and it took me awhile to pin point it ...but I got it.

It is actually amazing how much wheel well a stock wagon has......so im thinking the 14 x skinny tire is not going to work.

I was originally going to use a set of the magnum wheels .....but now im thinking I need more tire so im thinking a set of 15x7 cop wheels.

I would have to find some dog dishes for them but I think more tire and bigger wheel will look better with this car......its a pretty big car anyway.

Attachments

• CIMG3097.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 467
  • CIMG3098.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 487
  • CIMG3099.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 458
  • CIMG3101.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 492
  • CIMG3100.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 497
time really flies because I didn't realize so much time has passed with the car on the back burner.

in late 2014 I was going to trade it for a duster but the deal fell through due to distance being a problem.

today I was going to bring an old flame project in and start it up again so I flipped a coin to decide whether I am going to work on the 69 dart or this car. can you guess which one won the coin toss LOL

I started by sanding the 1/4 panel down and I did find a couple bondo spots and now that its bare metal, I have no idea why whoever put so much bondo. I see the dent they were trying to fix but it can be pulled on some more.......so the bondo .....WHY!?!? lol

last month I did score the front seats from a fabo member.

oddly enough, the seats had A-body tracks on them and were marked as for sale from a 69 dart. I did know when I was buying that its not the correct cover pattern for a 69 dart and after researching I found they are from a 69 coronet and someone changed the tracks. So I changed the back to B-body tracks and the seats are now home back in another B-body.

I had made some progress before when I attempted to add an auto console, I got the circle cut in the floor for the auto linkage. right now I am really temped to can the console and go 4 speed which will add to the build cost ....but im thinking it might worth it on the long run. If I go 4 speed, the console is out the door because 4 speed console plates are way more than I am willing to spring for when I can put a non-console shifter and call it a day.

I started another thread about the wheel cover/wheel selection.

Attachments

• CIMG5162.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 390
  • CIMG5161.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 373
  • CIMG5171.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 395
  • CIMG5168.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 360
  • CIMG5169.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 373
  • CIMG5166.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 396
  • CIMG5163.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 416
  • CIMG5165.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 368
I absolutely LOVE the wood blocks, duct taped to the foot pedals !!

nothing like clearing a bunch of crap and rat hair out of the 1/4 drop drain plug and through the rust hole. :pale:

the drivers 1/4 is by far the worst spot on the whole car. I welded the trim holes shut and cleared any remaining "bondo" spots. found a line holes made from someone using a dent puller, so I get the feeling this 1/4 has been through this rodeo before.

Attachments

• CIMG5174.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 342
  • CIMG5176.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 329
  • CIMG5177.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 346
  • CIMG5173.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 321
  • CIMG5172.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 341
also trying to brainstorm ideas to make a custom tail panel .......maybe to look similar to the 2 door version

Attachments

• CIMG5178.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 356
  • 0.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 360
Well I'm a stick-man.
But in this case I think this bird can really benefit from a torque convertor.It will give it a little snap off the line, that a stick just can't duplicate, I mean with the same rear gears. And IMHO,that A/T would make it a real sweet cruiser. Ima thinkin a loc-up 904 with a slightly loose TC.
Oh boy..... I guess,that would be my dream

it got so late out in the shop tonight .....time flies when your having fun.

I decided to stay home and get sanding and I got the driver rear door done and most of the drivers side fender.

OMG there is dust everywhere......I set down a pop I was drinking in the tin can and I came back to it, to find it dusty ....dusty.......had to waste a good mountain dew because of the dust LOL.

Our state fair is on and I told my friends I would tentatively meet up with them ......that was 4 hours ago LOL.

Hey Rani! Looks good. Long time, no talk. :D

where have you been, I have not seen any new videos from you on the Utube thingy.

I decided it time to get serious and get the good ol paint smell back in the shop lol.

Well I'm a stick-man.
But in this case I think this bird can really benefit from a torque convertor.It will give it a little snap off the line, that a stick just can't duplicate, I mean with the same rear gears. And IMHO,that A/T would make it a real sweet cruiser. Ima thinkin a loc-up 904 with a slightly loose TC.
Oh boy..... I guess,that would be my dream

definitely wont be a 904 with a big block ....I heard somewhere that it is a violation of federal law to restore a B-body with anything other than a big block LOL

for years I have had ideas of building an auto car but its kinda different for me because as long as I have been driving, I have always had manual shift cars so driving auto cars feels very weird to me.

my foot keeps going for a pedal that isn't there when I drive anything auto lol. ......weird sensation. #-o

definitely wont be a 904 with a big block ....I heard somewhere that it is a violation of federal law to restore a B-body with anything other than a big block LOL

for years I have had ideas of building an auto car but its kinda different for me because as long as I have been driving, I have always had manual shift cars so driving auto cars feels very weird to me.

my foot keeps going for a pedal that isn't there when I drive anything auto lol. ......weird sensation. #-o

You get used to it,nice to see progress. Curious on the work window between now & winter,on bodywork /paint....

after the whole talk of the transmission came up I really started thinking about it.

after thinking about it too long and over thinking it ....I decided I cant live without my clutch pedal.

SOOOOOO I have a GTX basket case project car that isn't going anywhere for a long time so ................so I kinda "borrowed" well you can see in the pic #-o

it feels so weird taking parts off your own car like your parting it out to put on another one :pale:

I will worry about it later. lol

Attachments

• yup.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 20150905_044600.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 259
Great progress there, Rani!
Good call on the 4 speed, it will be awesome.

Yep yep big block 4 speed wagon , thats whats up. Perfect with a 391 sure grip , lovin it

Yes, it is cool, but it wouldn't hurt her to have just ONE small block.... :violent1: :D

I think that we need to label Rani with "Big Block 4-speed Syndrome" so it will be a recognized illness and she can get some help.... :glasses7:

Yes, it is cool, but it wouldn't hurt her to have just ONE small block.... :violent1: :D

I think that we need to label Rani with "Big Block 4-speed Syndrome" so it will be a recognized illness and she can get some help.... :glasses7:

I agree that small blocks are cool in their own way and I intend on building a small block car in the future but with a B-body a big block seems more natural. It feels like I would be wasting valuable engine bay space with a small block in this car :D

A-bodies are still my favorite car line but I will tell ya, I like the extra underhood space in a B body :evil3:

I love Mondays because we get mail!!! lol

got into the mail box today to find a underhood strap kit and new emblems I ordered.

I know its a wagon and they never made R/T wagons, but if they can put R/T emblems on these new Fiat R/T cars then surely I can put an R/T emblem on real Detroit iron. :evil3:

Attachments

• CIMG5184.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 213
  • CIMG5182.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 216
  • CIMG5183.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 223
-
Back