Swapped out to Electric, now no spark... :(

-

StevieMac

Reaction score
So I read the "Fool-proof tips to fix any NO-SPARK issue" and read numerous other threads on here, but it is still not working....

Here is the back ground....

I swapped out to the mopar electronic ignition on a 65 Barracuda with a 360 V8, and now I am not getting any spark from the coil. Using power testers and a multi-meter, I do have power at both ends of the coil, and power at the ballast resistor on both ends when in the start position and one side when in the run position. I have ground at the ECU as well. I did a search here on the forums and doubled checked the air gap to .008 on the reluctor, but now I am lost.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Having voltage on (-) coil terminal happens at ignition trigger. It should be going low otherwise to charge the coil. As a double check for ground, measure voltage of case to ground, it should be zero. Other check is measure resistance of pickup coil, typically 350 to 400 Ohms. if dual ballast check that.

Thanks Kit. I will go check that out.... Should have mentioned that this is not a dual ballast....

-
Back