Swinging for Divorce…

-
Cars can rust in garages with concrete floors too if grading/drainage is not good around it allowing water to seep in under the floor.

Well hopefully I get some help with my humidity control in the buildings this year. We will see.

Well hopefully I get some help with my humidity control in the buildings this year. We will see.
A trick I learned when I moved to the Soggy North West, is air circulation. For several years my shop was a metal skin only, no insulation or internal siding. I set up a couple of box fans on timers to go off for a few hours a day in the warmest part of the afternoon. It kept the surface rust and soggy cardboard monsters at bay. YMMV, but it worked for me.

I run fans for air movement when the humidity is high. Mold will always be an issue that you have to keep an eye on. Quick wipe down will solve that issue in most cases.

A trick I learned when I moved to the Soggy North West, is air circulation. For several years my shop was a metal skin only, no insulation or internal siding. I set up a couple of box fans on timers to go off for a few hours a day in the warmest part of the afternoon. It kept the surface rust and soggy cardboard monsters at bay. YMMV, but it worked for me.

I’m planning on running some fans and probably a dehumidifier in the smaller shop.

Dehumidifier works well in the small shop. It stays relatively cool in it too. I think I’m going to add a window unit ac until I can buy real ac stuff. Organized parts, going to organize them some more and move in the swinger to start working on it. I also cleaned the shop floors cardboard boxes are to lay on the floor then I’ll add carpet over the top like I usually do.

IMG_7790.jpeg

IMG_7677.jpeg

IMG_7786.jpeg

Carpet? I was always tickled to death to have a big piece of cardboard. I've always had a creeper....but creepers suck! Much preferred cardboard. I got a lift when I built my garage and then I had to learn how to work all over again in different ways...lol. What kinda vintage scooter you got there? Looks like late 60's or early 70's Kawasaki maybe.

Carpet? I was always tickled to death to have a big piece of cardboard. I've always had a creeper....but creepers suck! Much preferred cardboard. I got a lift when I built my garage and then I had to learn how to work all over again in different ways...lol. What kinda vintage scooter you got there? Looks like late 60's or early 70's Kawasaki maybe.

Carpet to help soak up the oils before it hits the cardboard before the concrete.

I want a lift but I’ll get one for the big garage, not this smaller one. I haven’t even finished the big shop, it’s a mess right now and I think I’m done with house/shop/barn projects for a while both physically, mentally and financially :rofl:… I had the big shop clean but then we just redid the floors in the basement… and took a walk out of the basement so the big shop is full of basement furniture.

It’s a 1968 Kawasaki, forget the exact model but it’s in near perfect condition. I don’t have many pictures of it. I got it from my old neighbor Ron, it was in his shed for 10ish years and his old friend who owned a motorcycle shop saved it many years before giving it to Ron. I gave Ron 2k for it and I think I was looking up the same model and it valued around 4-5k for the condition.

Ron said it ran when he put it in his shed but the fluids haven’t been changed, gas is old and leaks oil a little w

IMG_5077.jpeg

IMG_5063.jpeg

IMG_5059.jpeg

IMG_5062.jpeg

Carpet to help soak up the oils before it hits the cardboard before the concrete.

I want a lift but I’ll get one for the big garage, not this smaller one. I haven’t even finished the big shop, it’s a mess right now and I think I’m done with house/shop/barn projects for a while both physically, mentally and financially :rofl:… I had the big shop clean but then we just redid the floors in the basement… and took a walk out of the basement so the big shop is full of basement furniture.

It’s a 1968 Kawasaki, forget the exact model but it’s in near perfect condition. I don’t have many pictures of it. I got it from my old neighbor Ron, it was in his shed for 10ish years and his old friend who owned a motorcycle shop saved it many years before giving it to Ron. I gave Ron 2k for it and I think I was looking up the same model and it valued around 4-5k for the condition.

Ron said it ran when he put it in his shed but the fluids haven’t been changed, gas is old and leaks oil a little w

View attachment 1716276769

View attachment 1716276770

View attachment 1716276771

View attachment 1716276772
Not the bike, but the motor looks a lot like my 125 HD Rapido, 2 Stroke (1970)

now that I got cold air in the shop, I’ll bring the car over and start working on it again.

Used but New to me 2.5 ton heat pump, the unit was manufactured in 2021. I have a total of 900 invested including the install :thumbsup:air is blowing 65 degrees! Just need to get some small screws or double sided tape to hold the thermostat up.

IMG_7824.jpeg

IMG_7823.jpeg

IMG_7821.jpeg

IMG_7822.jpeg

Nah......Doc will do a root canal on that thermostat and have it good as new in no time!

I have had a brand new Google one sitting in my hallway closet since I bought my house… I’ll install this one out there, it has an app I can use to control the temperature in the shop

IMG_7829.jpeg

IMG_7830.jpeg

The house we recently bought has a Google Nest Learning Thermostat. At first, I was leary but I love it.

It didn't take it long to learn our thermostat habits. Now we hardly touch it and it dies what we want!!!

The house we recently bought has a Google Nest Learning Thermostat. At first, I was leary but I love it.

It didn't take it long to learn our thermostat habits. Now we hardly touch it and it dies what we want!!!

I don’t even know how to hook this one up because it has an heating element that hooks up to a boiler? I also think it needs WiFi and I don’t have WiFi in the shop.

I’m going to go buy a couple of nicer thermostats tomorrow, my wife wants new ones for our house after she saw the nice google nest one.

Shop is holding steady at 77 degrees with 36% humidity

Doc, you will want to get some duct work to make the supply as far away from the return as possible. Otherwise a lot of the cool air gets sucked right back into it the return without doing much to cool the building.
Screenshot_20240720-004031.png

-
Back