Swinging for Divorce…

-
Got a new thermostat… first a smart one but I don’t have WiFi at the shop so took it back and got a normal one.

Then recruited some help to move the copper car to the shop with ac. My wife helped push it up the driveway of the shop as Ruby was a little scared.

IMG_7835.jpeg

IMG_7836.jpeg

IMG_7837.jpeg

IMG_7838.jpeg

IMG_7839.jpeg

IMG_7840.jpeg

IMG_7841.jpeg

Got a new thermostat… first a smart one but I don’t have WiFi at the shop so took it back and got a normal one.

Then recruited some help to move the copper car to the shop with ac. My wife helped push it up the driveway of the shop as Ruby was a little scared.

View attachment 1716278934

View attachment 1716278935

View attachment 1716278937

View attachment 1716278938

View attachment 1716278939

View attachment 1716278940

View attachment 1716278941
You need to get an extender on your Wi-Fi and you could also install cameras in or at the garage. I'm on vacation now and I can watch my property any time I want. A cloud with the photos cost $100.00 a year. A cheap piece of mind.

You need to get an extender on your Wi-Fi and you could also install cameras in or at the garage. I'm on vacation now and I can watch my property any time I want. A cloud with the photos cost $100.00 a year. A cheap piece of mind.

It’s like 150 feet from my house, can they extend WiFi that far?

Security camera system is next on the list, one at the house and one for the office.

We are lucky to live down a private road outside of town in the farming area. And all my neighbors on my road are retired.

My shop is 200’ from my house extender and if I never worked in the metal building, had to direct bury a cat 6 line to my starlink. The metal building had a force field around it tried everything.

Security camera system is next on the list, one at the house and one for the office.

We are lucky to live down a private road outside of town in the farming area. And all my neighbors on my road are retired.
My furthest one is around that. You may need to move it around for the best reception. Sometimes it may be further away for your shed. Instructions will guide you in the set up. Someone mentioned about a metal building interfering. Place the camera outside of the building, if that is the case. Aim at the doors or openings. Remember, you may or should get a discount on your insurance, (home and auto).

There are directional WiFi antennas that can be aimed at each other, (google "cantenna") and read up.

If your house power feeds your out buildings directly there is a technology that uses the 120v wires to carry network

Screenshot_20240721-184721.png

There are directional WiFi antennas that can be aimed at each other, (google "cantenna") and read up.

If your house power feeds your out buildings directly there is a technology that uses the 120v wires to carry network

View attachment 1716279508

Those are pretty cool and yes the power runs to the house then splits and runs to the shops.

I’ll look into those more.

Built a tote holder today for the wife’s totes and totes that have all of the holiday decorations in them. Also calling it her “anniversary present.” Our anniversary is tomorrow and she buys everything she wants so it’s impossible to get her anything.

I’ll probably make it longer but I have to take down a cat house thing next to it.

IMG_7865.jpeg

Also calling it her “anniversary present.” Our anniversary is tomorrow and she buys everything she wants so it’s impossible to get her anything
Congratulations.

Our 35th wedding anniversary was the 15th
I have the same issue, no idea what she might like that she hasn't already bought.

She was not feeling well and I'm helping my daughter pack up for a big move to the Pacific North West, so we decided to put off celebrating till after the 1st.

Just did my 40th. Bought her some diamond earrings because the ones I bought her for our 30th were stolen by the police!
Long story.

now that I got cold air in the shop, I’ll bring the car over and start working on it again.

Used but New to me 2.5 ton heat pump, the unit was manufactured in 2021. I have a total of 900 invested including the install :thumbsup:air is blowing 65 degrees! Just need to get some small screws or double sided tape to hold the thermostat up.
Congrats! Must be nice. I keep putting off working in my garage with this 90+ heat. 65' discharge is ok but 50' is ideal.

Congrats! Must be nice. I keep putting off working in my garage with this 90+ heat. 65' discharge is ok but 50' is ideal.

Yeah I’m not complaining as it was only spitting out hot air before. The shop cools down pretty quick.

Congrats on 40 and @Dana67Dart 35 years! Those are long times and definitely an accomplishment, I’m sure my wife will try to kill me before then. We are at 7 officially but we have a soon to be 12 year old lol.

My wife doesn’t wear much jewelry, just her wedding ring, watch and another cheap ring on her other hand. She also didn’t get me anything at all :wtf: really there isn’t anything I need or want though… besides maybe a non project car one day

I've been playing with a wifi antenna to get a better signal in my barn.
TP-Link 5GHz N300
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2RO63U?tag=fabo03-20

It's not the easiest thing to setup if you're not well versed in tech speak, but there are guides online.
With clear line of sight these things are capable of over a mile of range. My barn is 200ft from my house and I got a decent signal but the metal walls definitely hindered it but it was workable.

It's possible to use two antennas to basicslly be an invisible wire and then use a router or wifi access point inside the shop to avoid the wall disruption. Gets spendy at that point though.

Yeah I’m not complaining as it was only spitting out hot air before. The shop cools down pretty quick.
So, as it was just installed it was just charged. Maybe make sure the coils and filters are clean. If you can't see thru the coils with a light behind it's still dirty and could cause that. Hopefully no leak. But I'm glad for you having it. Years back our house was robbed. They took all my wife's jewely. Police recovered most of it. They gave my wife a photocopy of items. Earrings were in it. They held it for evidence. 3 months later we picked it all up. No earrings. Wife lost the photocopy. The rest was a **** show. Yeah 40 years plus I dated her 4.:BangHead:

I've been playing with a wifi antenna to get a better signal in my barn.
TP-Link 5GHz N300
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2RO63U?tag=fabo03-20

It's not the easiest thing to setup if you're not well versed in tech speak, but there are guides online.
With clear line of sight these things are capable of over a mile of range. My barn is 200ft from my house and I got a decent signal but the metal walls definitely hindered it but it was workable.

It's possible to use two antennas to basicslly be an invisible wire and then use a router or wifi access point inside the shop to avoid the wall disruption. Gets spendy at that point though.
I first installed my extender in my laundry room, which was the closest location to my back yard shop but had a bad reception. Moved it to a back window, "BINGO", which was further away. Less interference from the machines I'm guessing.

If you want wifi in your shop, I can highly recommend this gizmo. My shop is all metal skinned and about 75 feet from the house. I got no wifi or cell service inside at all before I installed this. The antenna is mounted external to the shop and points at the window where my router sits inside the house. The cable is run inside the shop to a smaller router/antenna/whateveritis box. Presto, wifi and cell service from the wifi. It's a beautiful thing!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KRTXQ6/?tag=fabo03-20

moved the tool box to the small shop, moved another rack to load the parts for the copper dart on it. I’ll move the last rack tomorrow and organize everything.

Undecided about building or buying a workbench for this shop.

I’ll start working on this beast real soon!

IMG_7890.jpeg

IMG_7891.jpeg

IMG_7892.jpeg

I’ve been running a dehumidifier in the shop only thing that sucks is I have to manually empty the bucket because I don’t have a hose to drain it automatically out of the shop.
If the wife has flowers, use the water from the dehumidifier to water with, alot purer than tap water.

It would be good fresh water for the chickens, now get on the weed thing.

If no bench maybe a piece of plywood on top of your toolbox. I like more surface area and a vice myself.

my tool box has a lump of 2" thick varnished wood on it, it sits inside the lip around the top. if i didn't have a work bench i'd bolt a vice to it through the top of the tool box too.
neil.

All shops really need a good heavy and large enough work table. Made of steel or in the least heavy wood with a steel( sheetmetal minimum) top. and a good heavy vice!!! Something that you can weld on really and stout!!
Check the shopper out of Joplin, for "farm auctions" SW MO probably has 30 every week.

I want to build this workbench but I’m not sure I want to spend so much buying 2 new tool boxes and those dang slabs of butcher block countertops are 3-400.

Built this one over the weekend, less than 100 bucks, will get me by for a while. I also did cardboard boxes and carpet under the car.

I didn’t do anymore because I had a surprise visit from my brother and unfortunately it wasn’t for fun. His dad lived about 45 minutes from me and he had a heart attack and my brother had to fly out here and decide between Hail Mary surgery that most likely wouldn’t work or make the decision to say good bye. He said his goodbyes.

I’ll order F/R brake kits (thinking from Dr Diff). Deciding between 1.03 and 1.12 torsion bars then new shocks and springs aren’t needed until it is almost ready to be driven. The rest of the suspension is already completed.

Fuel I am thinking the new fuel tanks that have electric pumps built in.

IMG_7895.png

IMG_7893.png

IMG_7903.jpeg

IMG_7902.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back