Swinging for Divorce…

-
organized shelves with dart parts.

Talked to Dr Diff and got my brake system squared away, will order tonight.

Looking at fuel systems. The problem I have with my purple car is when it is hot after driving it you have to crank it a lot before it has enough fuel to start. That burns up my starter. I know I want an electric pump but can’t decide if I want one mounted in line with a normal tank or if I want a tank with the built in fuel pump.

View attachment 1716284250

View attachment 1716284251

View attachment 1716284252

View attachment 1716284253

View attachment 1716284254
Doc - for a car like your purple Dart, get you one of these elec pumps and mount it by the tank. You can ditch the mechanical pump. If it's a super hot day, shut the elec pump off maybe 10-15 sec before you shut off the engine. This lowers the fuel level in the carb and prevents fuel boiling in the carb and flooding the engine. When you go to start the engine, turn the pump on for about 3-5 sec before you crank it. Viola...no more hot start issues!
Screenshot_20240803_212427.jpg

Can't say it'll work on your Dart, but with my riding mower, I turn off the fuel valve before shutting off the engine. I let it run for 1/2 - 1 minute before shutting off the engine. The purpose is to purge the carb bowl of fuel so when I go to start it again, it has about the right amount of fuel (works only when hot). If there were some way of using the fuel in the carb for practical purposes before turning off the key, it might enhance "fuel economy". Furthermore it might enhance your goals.

Before the high $ in tank pumps and tank.
Maybe your fuel is boiling and relocating fuel like or block heat from under carb??
Year round driving in his part of Texas I found vapor lock is a thing fer sher! I shielded the line as it passed the header and added a cool can loaded with small reusable gel packs. Worked especially well for running errands i.e. multiple stops in town >95* in orange car. Aka Nemo

Built some more shelving. Opened the dash. Made a list of some more stuff I need.

It’ll be a busy week of ordering… I already heard it from my wife “you just bought all that other ****, none of it can be used in the copper car.”

My love, different car stuff. Like your different makeup’s go with different face parts.

IMG_8005.jpeg

IMG_8019.jpeg

IMG_8020.jpeg

I already heard it from my wife “you just bought all that other ****,
What do you expect, the mouth work isn't enough, she needs a little more for her.
It's like you're getting the best of the deals. :D

All brakes ordered from Dr Diff and new rear axles because my current rear axles are 5x4. Went with 11.7 front disc and 10.7 rear discs.

Brake and Fuel Lines from inline tube because Dr Diff did not have lines available. He is going to be out of stock of the offset leaf spring shackle/hanger kits for a couple of months as well. I’ll get those when they get back in stock.

I hope you got the 3 inch studs with the new axles. You need them for the rear disks

Ordered ac/heater control module. I think that’s everything needed to finish the dash, I can’t remember it’s been a while.

Car on much better stands, will be much more comfortable while working under the car installing the fuel and brake lines. Those should be here shortly.

Found and installed some .920 diameter torsion bars (they were on the black car)… they will suffice until I buy larger bars. Apparently the black car has ESPO +1 springs on it as well, so I’ll take those off and run them on the copper car, as long as they don’t sag to much.

Still haven’t decided on either EFI tank or a stock tank. Both have pluses and minuses.

Talked to a somewhat local body work and painting guy. He apparently used to be the main guy at a bigger shop and left to start his own thing recently. Hopefully I can check out some of his work in person, but these are some pictures he posted.

IMG_8068.jpeg

IMG_8067.jpeg

IMG_8007.png

IMG_8008.png

IMG_8009.png

IMG_8006.png

IMG_8010.png

IMG_8011.png

Checked heads in 400 and they are stock rockers. So stock built with camshaft 400.

Going to meet a painter on the 23rd as I have 2 meetings for my office scheduled for the 16th already.

IMG_8094.jpeg

All parts from DrDiff arrived today. Everything was packaged very nicely. Waiting on metal lines now.

IMG_8760.jpeg

IMG_8107.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8111.jpeg

And I was always told " Professional in the medical field don't think that way " Ya right ! :poke:

I make inappropriate jokes all day long in the office. My wife says we cut up way too much and it’s “not professional.” But heck I don’t want to be one of those horrible no personality doctors.

When my dentist says "it wont hurt" I grab him by the balls for reassurance.

When my dentist says "it wont hurt" I grab him by the balls for reassurance.

I tell everyone when they ask is this going to hurt, “you’re going to feel just a pinch, but it will feel the same to me regardless of if you’re numb or not…” then I laugh and most of the time they laugh :rofl:

UPS brought gas tank straps and gas tank pad today.

Still super undecided on tank. Whether to do Tanks Inc electric to carb or to do traditional fuel lines with maybe an inline electric pump to carb.

The engine being a stock rebuild 400 just ain’t going to cut it… so will stock fuel system be ok.

Stock fuel pump will be fine. Or frame mount a electric one. I would not go with a in tank pump

-
Back