Talk me out of this!

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
you guys may or may not know that I am currently at the end of a 12 yr restoration/mod with my 67 dart. I recently sold a 65 valiant project to make my life simpler.

Well.......

Last night my uncle calls me. Says he is ready to sell me his 69 cuda formula s. It's a 340 4-speed car with 8 3/4. Factory bucket console car! Here is the catch! He wants $1000 but the whole car is dismantled! It's all there and I know the car is solid. I just have to put back together! What should I do? I need another project like a hole in the head.

well if you have the space...sounds like you are nearing the "end" of your project so drive the 67 and tinker/restore the cuda. A guy has to have something to do lol

I would do it. My Wife already thinks Im Ill !!

First get it, then worry about the rest later. I am still kicking myself for not picking up a completely dismantled, flawless, '67 Coronet for a grand.

I would suggest you not buy it, but that would be against my own addiction and better judgment! $1000 for a complete '69 340 "S" is an absolute steal. Even disassembled. And a console 4 speed?! Buy it! Without a doubt, you can't go wrong. I wish I could find a deal like that. :)

It would be really hard not to make that happen. Get er' done!

dang it you guys... WTH!? Unlike the rest of ya - I am trying to help the man out here.. he needs to go enjoy his freshly finished Dart, how can he do that if he's restoring a 'Cuda!? Poor misguided soul... again, just PM me your uncles info and this issue will no long be your problem.. I'm here for ya!!

~what?! :lol:

buy it. I will send ya my Acme book " how to put back together disassembled Mopars" second edition. sub title, " in 10 easy steps" ! ha
for that price buy ya a pretty complete parts car for reference and nuts bolts screws!!!! been there done it many times, the funnies one was the 70 challenger 440-6 car, the owner was actually a pro mechanic. took it part and didn't want tp put it back ,. wonder why!?? ha.... he took everything apart, put in plastic bags and marked. exampe: he took off the glove box door , took out the latch, and THEN took the latch apart!! ha

Oh, and with what you've done to your '67, your Uncle knows that you are the one for his car.

That's pretty much what he said. He hasn't posted the car for sale or anything but if I pass on the deal somebody else will buy it and either flip it or part it

Go for it. When I was younger and felt better. I always had at least 2 or 3 of these money sucking monsters around.lol. best of luck.

1000 bucks for a perfect pre-disassembled parts car is a steal

Be sure to buy a runner to put all the good parts on aswell ;)

He has the 340 runner I sold him 10 yrs ago to go with the car
Buy the car, and sell it to me for $1500. I can send pictures to both your uncle and yourself of my restorations to help ease your minds of its ultimate fate and place in my garage.
You don't need another car. All the bloody knuckles, stubbed toes, sore backs, endless contributions to your swear jar, countless hours spent combing the Internet for used parts, not to mention your soon to be depleting empty bank account and bare food cupboards in your house because every dime you have will go into that money pit on four jack stands in the corner of your garage. Just don't do it! Clip the coupon, make your quick $500 off me which will buy a years worth of haggerty insurance and plenty of gas for you to turn into burnt hydro carbons in your '67 as you truly just go and enjoy life for the first time in over 12 years....

Did that work?

If you have to ask advice from a forum, and it took you 12 years on the last one,
you don't need it.
Send it my way!

Buy the car, and sell it to me for $1500. I can send pictures to both your uncle and yourself of my restorations to help ease your minds of its ultimate fate and place in my garage.
You don't need another car. All the bloody knuckles, stubbed toes, sore backs, endless contributions to your swear jar, countless hours spent combing the Internet for used parts, not to mention your soon to be depleting empty bank account and bare food cupboards in your house because every dime you have will go into that money pit on four jack stands in the corner of your garage. Just don't do it! Clip the coupon, make your quick $500 off me which will buy a years worth of haggerty insurance and plenty of gas for you to turn into burnt hydro carbons in your '67 as you truly just go and enjoy life for the first time in over 12 years....

Did that work?

I'll se his $1500 and raise it to $2000. I've been working on a 68 Barracuda for too long that still needs a lot of attention. I would love a project that is only some assembly required!

Unless you can't make it work now (due to lack of space or cash/storage costs) you will be regretting it later on (in a couple of years and for sure in 10 years).

It sounds like a sweet ride once it's reassembled.

-
Back