Tell me you Eagle with a carb (or Sniper) setup... (Also a 6.1 intake question)

-

Dantra

69 Dart.. AKA Butters
Reaction score
Is it possible?? Is anyone here running a Eagle with aluminum intake and carb/sniper? If so, what are you using for ignition management?

6.1 Intake question.. If you are running one, do you have any pictures of the firewall clearance, where the AC fittings would be? I have a 69 Dart

I'm putting a plan together for my next Hemi swap and have the basis of a plan.. I want all of the firewall clearance I can get because I just really want to utilize my factory AC. SO with that in mind, I'm planning to go with the new Holley single plane intake and also utilize the current Aces Killshot EFi that I have on my 318 now. Looks like I'd have plenty of room for the AC connections at the firewall.

I was thinking that the MSD 6-Hemi would fix me right up for the ignition stuff. But after further research, I found that it can only be used on pre eagle with a 32 tooth reluctor wheel. Crap! I don't think I wanna go through all of that.. tearing a low mileage Eagle down, just to change the reluctor.

received_629951792382816.jpeg

Last edited:
You got it, you need to change the tone ring for the Hemi 6. I have done it. It works. I wasn't pleased with the results. 6.4 cam in the Eagle. Did not lock phaser. Cascar intake with 750 dp. Just didn't seem to have the nuts the early short block with Eagle heads and 6.1 cam. I was just using what I had laying around. If you lock the phaser and go big on the cam, it would be a different story. Have done the Eagle, 6.4 cam, and kept the fuel injection. Then it's an animal.

Can't help ya on the 6.1 info....

You got it, you need to change the tone ring for the Hemi 6. I have done it. It works. I wasn't pleased with the results. 6.4 cam in the Eagle. Did not lock phaser. Cascar intake with 750 dp. Just didn't seem to have the nuts the early short block with Eagle heads and 6.1 cam. I was just using what I had laying around. If you lock the phaser and go big on the cam, it would be a different story. Have done the Eagle, 6.4 cam, and kept the fuel injection. Then it's an animal.

Can't help ya on the 6.1 info....
Yea, I don't think I'm gonna go through all of that. I did the 6.4 cam the 5.7 that I put in my A100 trk.. pleased with results and no tune required. Thanks bud

Last edited:
Microsquirt should be capable of just running the coils. Albeit, will have to run wasted spark, not sequential.

Microsquirt should be capable of just running the coils. Albeit, will have to run wasted spark, not sequential.
After putting alot of thought into it, I just gotta stick with the stock efi and vvt. It doesn't make sense not too. I used a Mopar Crate Harness in my last swap and it was really nice to work with.. But I didn't have a harness at all, so it worked out best. Depending on whether I get a setup that includes the harness or not, I'll go with either the MCH again or Sublime (DIYHEMI)

I'm trying to be as practical as possible. I really want that damn factory AC to stay and with that, I need all the firewall clearance I can get. It's a challenge now lol. My fab skills are on point so I may end up fabricating all of the mounts myself and if it requires moving the mounts on the K frame, I'll do it.. Pretty much what had to do on the A100. May even require notching and boxing small areas of the K as well. It's a /6 K and I've read they are a little more forgiving with clearances. Really won't know until I set one down in there and start laying out.

I'm sure more threads will follow with basic questions.. I get chatty, sorry

Have you thought of Hotwireauto.com? I've used many of his harnesses with great success.
I have but t's been a few years. I don't remember what it was that drove me towards the mopar crate harness. More than likely, It was price/value. Seems like Hotwire could program a pcm and sell you a harness. My pcm was a 2014 and nobody would touch it.. It's an oddball. With that, the mph was actually or the same price or cheaper than anyone else could piece it all together. The mch us a great setup if you have nothing.. Power points, fuse panel, relays etc. Went so smooth. I talk with the owner of diyhemi from time to time and support his stuff when he has something I can use. Nothing against Hotwire.. I'll have another look depending on what I have to work with.

I went with a megasquirt gold box from EFI source. Absolutely great tech support, plug and play harness and detailed instructions. The plus is that its capabilities are unmatched. You can tune it from your laptop, it is a bit of a learning curve but trust me it is really worth it. There are outputs available for everything from engine management to wheel speed sensors to launch control and everything in between. My situation for example, started out N/A and unfortunately do to hard parts failure I had to start over. This time going turbo charged. No major modifications or computer swaps, I started a different tune profile with existing parameters and modified from there. Plus there is a boat load of support from MS guys on several Facebook pages that are walking me through the learning curve. When I was first trying to figure out my tune, a gentleman on FB sent me 3 profiles of his tune, that he spent a considerable amount of money on, to get me heading in the right direction. I highly recommend the MS gold box form Mike over at EFISource.com.

I run the MSgold as well and agree with 69 Drt CH. the learning curve for me was very steep. If I had to do it all over again, I would have taken a EFI tuning course. And I will be doing it again real soon on another car but have not decided what direction I want to go. (Carb or EFI)

-
Back