tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If not for then we’d not have much to work on! Lol

20240805_105943_02.jpg

20240805_105956.jpg

20240805_105954.jpg

May as well fix the mice infiltration while you have it that far apart. :icon_fU:

I sold my 2001 F150 cuz of heater core needing replaced. TRG was over 10 hours= well over $1000 10 years ago, plus ripping entire dash out and friggin air bags...no thanks. All for a $50 part.... Had over 300,000 kms on it so it didn't owe me anything.
Heater core replacement?

One of the benefits of putting a car together from scratch is the ability to make those jobs easier. I am one of those that put the dash bolts in upside down “in case”. Pull seats, speedo cable and drop column. I don’t want to, but I could. I probably strung the wiring to make it impossible, but maybe not

Using V bands for exhaust is another one.

YUP, my 2005 Grand Cherokee (HEMI) needs a $10 blend door actuator for the heater control. Super easy to replace once I get around to pulling the entire dash out. I'm sure I'll replace the heater core too, while I'm in there.... someday. I wouldn't care about it but it makes a really loud clicking sound until it finally catches. I've gotten use to the sound but everytime someone else rides with me they're like "what the hell is THAT nosie??? Why don't you FIX IT!" :BangHead::rofl:

YUP, my 2005 Grand Cherokee (HEMI) needs a $10 blend door actuator for the heater control. Super easy to replace once I get around to pulling the entire dash out. I'm sure I'll replace the heater core too, while I'm in there.... someday. I wouldn't care about it but it makes a really loud clicking sound until it finally catches. I've gotten use to the sound but everytime someone else rides with me they're like "what the hell is THAT nosie??? Why don't you FIX IT!" :BangHead::rofl:
I’ve done that job before. Ground is under the console to disarm bags or to make sure the gauges works right. It was an important one either way.

We don't do as many ford's or mopars as we do gm products
I did that sh*t-show to so many Mopars in the late '90's & '00's it wasn't funny. Caravans, Concords, Rams & Dakotas, it was revenue...
One time, I did an early 'carp-face' Concord, & the Owner's son & I accidentally flipped the dash end-for-end the same rotation direction to right it(I'd set them upside-down on a fender cover on the decklid). The electronics sweep & zero the gauges, I had the needles trapped under the pins, they'd try to sweep CW & tag them from underneath. Had to pull the cluster & give it a whirl to get back around, good times....:rolleyes:

I had to change my 01 evaporator, I would not have bothered but to sell it in california central valley without AC is near impossible .

My 1985 M-B is worse. Owner's who've done it said a 3-day job to change the heater core. Rather than solid copper, it has crimped-on plastic sides which leak at the gasket. A new one costs >$500. Seems they built the whole car around the heater core. In my Chrysler minivan, the heater core pulls out an access door, for a 30 min job.

-
Back