Thank You Canada!

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week fishing trip to the west side of Vancouver Island.
The fish where a little small this year but plentiful.

Here's a picture of our camp and what we had to look at after a long day of fishing.

salmon.jpg

salmon%20004.jpg

Our first day was a lot of fun the ocean was in good shape and we got out to one of our favorite bottom fishing holes.

salmon%20003.jpg

Second day we went back out for more bottom fish and even picked up a few salmon. That's me in the red rain pants.

salmon%20006.jpg

Then it was on to salmon fishing. This is my friend Dennis looking out over the Pacific Ocean. Right after I took this picture a wave slapped the back of the boat and got him good and wet.

salmon%20007.jpg

Biggest salmon was caught by my friend Eddie it was a nice 42 pounder.

salmon%20010.jpg

This was my biggest fish a 27 pound King.

salmon%20014.jpg

Eddie also caught the biggest halibut in came in at 78 lbs.

salmon%20005.jpg

On one day out fishing for salmon we had a baby dolphin come and hang around the boat all day, I would guess he maybe weighed around 30lbs. He was just a little guy and was all alone.

salmon%20012.jpg

salmon%20013.jpg

We did pretty good and brought home our limits of King Salmon and Halibut and almost a limit Ling Cod. And we had 11 Coho or Silver salmon in the box as a bonus.
So like I said Thanks Canada!
We just have a ball when we're up there. Great people and a great resource to enjoy.

Wow!! looks like you had a hellava time, thanks for sharing, my mouths waterin'

I can smell the water from here greendart =P~=P~ It's been many years for me to be on the ocean and I see enough fish for for all of us there :cheers:
My Salmon dinners I enjoy here goes for $16 a plate and well worth it =P~
I see over $1.000.00 dollars worth hanging there bud :cheers: and don't get me started on Halibut =P~=P~
What a great Strong week of fishing :happy10:
What hat is that yall all have on ?
Thank you for sharing a greet time :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
I bet it felt good to get away :happy10:

Our friend Eddie had the hats made they say "Spring Fever Fishing Team" on them. The boat we take is named the Spring Fever.

Our friend Eddie had the hats made they say "Spring Fever Fishing Team" on them. The boat we take is named the Spring Fever.
Spring Fever :thumbrig: good name for a nice boat :happy10: Glad yall had a great time eh 8) and the hooks stayed busy :cheers:

Thanks for sharing the pics!! Looks like you had a blast. Go figure Im a Canuck and I have never been West. I'm so jealous. You got quite the feed of fish!!

What more could anyone want in a vacation?...definately a trip to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing the photos.

Looks to me like you tied into some pretty good fish!! Glad you enjoyed it!! Now you have to try some fresh water fishing in some of our Northern Manitoba/Ontario lakes.

Glad you had a good time in our "great white north"
You're welcome back anytime.

Some nice slabs ya got there, Stan. :cheers:

Looks like you picked a great time to go. Did you take the boat with you, or is it a Charter?

But you still forgot to drop the halibut off at my place =P~.

Some nice slabs ya got there, Stan. :cheers:

Looks like you picked a great time to go. Did you take the boat with you, or is it a Charter?

But you still forgot to drop the halibut off at my place =P~.

We bring are own boat it's a 21 foot north river with a 175 hp Suzuki.
Don't worry I'll eat some for ya!

-
Back