the 10 worst insurance companies

-
Interesting, but not my personal experience.

GEICO is worst by me (not on list). I hate the slimy lizard, he won't pay. My wife was hit by a driver at a stop light, at 90 deg so somebody drove thru a red light. The other car was also GEICO insured. They dragged their feet for 2 months then said we were both equally at fault and under GA law they didn't have to pay either party. We had to sue. In a prior accident years before, I called them to say my wife had phoned me about a parking lot accident and the rep. was adamant that my wife was at fault, without me describing any details (hadn't gotten there yet).

We had Liberty Mutual (#10) in CA and they paid right away and even supported me. The other driver had crossed over the line to put his car behind me while I was backing up, and got out of his car with a neck brace on from a prior accident. The slight bump had exacerbated his injury. We currently have Farmers (#7).

And who says we do not need some sort of health care reform?
Can we really trust any politician?
American greed what a system

Being in the Automotive collision end of this I can say Progressive is one of the worst paying. Erie Insurance is one of the best here in P.A.

liberty mutual sucks i use to have them until i hit a deer. when the adjuster came out he tried to say that i didnt hit a deer and they wernt paying to fix it. even thow i had a chunk of fur stuck in the section of grill that was left. then he changed his tune when i showed him pictures of the deer laying 20 ft from the truck. then they didnt want me to take it to my neighbors body shop "which is the best around here" after going a couple rounds with them i finally got them to let me take it to him.and after i thought is was all good i got my insurance bill the next month and they had gone up on me over $1000.00 so i called around and got erie alot cheaper for my car truck and house cheaper then what i paid liberty mutual for 1 vehicle before i hit the deer. so bstay away from liberty mutual.

Just what I expected! Avoid AIG like the plague. The insurer of Billy's house in south Louisiana, they still owe him about $30K for furniture that was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. In 2005. He'll never see it, I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing this good info!

Yeah, I agree with the Alstate on top. They stole my AIR CONDITIONER, FURNACE, AND COPPER WATER PIPES out of my house in Detroit after I moved and was slowly getting my stuff out. Allstate accused me of a false claim and would not pay the $23 k for just the air conditioner, water pipes, and furnace (much less a tool box with over 10 k in tools). Now I have to find my receipts and sue the MF's to get some of my money back.

I hear this, I finally got a settlement from my car accident, they gave me $1500 for my can to fix it. Insurance is one big joke anymore

I have had State Farm on my vehicles for 37 years and only had one problem with them wanting to pay a fair amount on a box truck that was destroyed by fire. Every other time they paid off immediately and very fairly. For my home I have Foremost and they were extremely fair when I suffered major hail damage.

the 10 worst insurance company's ???????
they are ALL the worst!!! as there is no such thing as a good insurance company !!!

to paraphrase

The only GOOD insurance company is a DEAD insurance company!!!:finga::finga::finga:

lying thevin snake oil salesmen is what they are

I've known this for years.

The way I look at it, you have two options-

1- pay as little as you can get away with (including the highest deductible), be carefull and aware of your surroundings, don't make claims just because you think you'll get money, fix your own small damages out of pocket, and pray you never get into a situation that might mean a six figure damege claim against you, or-

2- pay the most you can afford to (or any ammount above the minimum), and follow all the other steps as outlined above.

There's a TV lawyer around here that advises viewers to "purchase the most ammount of insurance you can afford". Hmmmm, I wonder why he does that?

I have Progressive and when my 4Runner was hit and totalled while parked on the street, I had a check in hand in a week and I talked them into letting me keep it. Not bad at all.

Good reading information I have toggled back and forth between State Farm and American Family for the past 30 years,insurance is the strangest thing you can't be caught without it but it is damned if you do damned if you don't all you can pray is you don't need it and if you do that it pays fairly and quickly so you can get back on the road. Thank You for the post.

Very interesting...

Thanks for the info

Ma Snart

Attachments

• WOW Driver Side Front 3 QTR with Other Cars.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 164
............and I just heard the other day, that Geico had to pay out millions in premium refunds..............

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/dec/22/geico-refunds-gap/

partial quote:

"The insurance giant is refunding some $7.5 million to Washington state customers and paying a $100,000 fine because a promotion didn’t deliver the promised savings."

And thank the D's for going after them and suing them to collect. The R's would just look the other way.

Companies can do what they please, its the state and federal attorney generals that need to go after them when they lie-cheat, not all A.G. are aggressive as others .The R's tend to help big businesses earn more and more $$.

Its just too bad the D's are far from prefect ha ha ha. They be having us all driving Yugo's right now if they had their way on everything

-
Back