The age old question answered, Why green?

-
Here's my take:

2010 Color Preferences

1. Medium Silver Metallic - 98.9%
2. Bright White - 0.9%
3. Other - 0.2%

Green takes cycles about every 15 to 20 years.
People get tired of the everyday colors and here comes a new group of greens.
The 90s were full of green cars.
My house was built in 1994 and it had lots of Hunter Green but it does NO LONGER!!
I personally hate anything green exexpt $$$$.

I can't see the top of the thread, Bought my 70 lime green Duster (lime green is dark, not the loud green) in 1970, because I needed a car right now; Insurance won't let me have the real loud green 340, 4 speed, 4.10 for 300 dollars cheaper. 19 years old.

And,over the years; black is hot,here in Fl, and shows dirt too much, White is better, shows dirt. Green is neutral. Can't remember int or ext. FF8, FF5?

From what I see now, I'd swear it was:

Some variety of puke green: 8%
Some variety of babyshit brown: 3%
Hemi Orange: 35%
Plum Crazy: 30%
Sublime: 10%
Grey Primer: 14%

Also based on modern observation, the breakdown was:

Steel wheels and hubcaps: 7%
Rally wheels: 80%
Cragars on back, steel on front: 13%

And:

Slant six w/ 50K mi: 1%
Slant six w/ 250K mi: 9%
318 V8: 14.7%
318 V8 that doesn't leak oil like the Valdez: 0.3%
340 V8: 15%
360 V8: 60%

:-D

My house was built in 1994 and it had lots of Hunter Green but it does NO LONGER!!

I never did like the light and dark green metallic that Chrysler used.

Green Go, and Limelight/Sublime are ok though.

From what I see now, I'd swear it was:

Some variety of puke green: 8%
Some variety of babyshit brown: 3%
Hemi Orange: 35%
Plum Crazy: 30%
Sublime: 10%
Grey Primer: 14%

Also based on modern observation, the breakdown was:

Steel wheels and hubcaps: 7%
Rally wheels: 80%
Cragars on back, steel on front: 13%

And:

Slant six w/ 50K mi: 1%
Slant six w/ 250K mi: 9%
318 V8: 14.7%
318 V8 that doesn't leak oil like the Valdez: 0.3%
340 V8: 15%
360 V8: 60%

:-D

Primer 14% lol
Walking around the shows today you would swear all the darts Dusters and demons built where
Plum Crazy, Hemi Orange or B5!!! It gets boring sometimes. Also, none of the Plum Crazy cars are the same shade. What gives with that?

It (referring to the color green on Mopars) is all personal preference. When I was young (like most others), I did not care for greens/browns on Mopars. The older I get, the more I like them. My '68 GTX is originally a GG1 green (painted red by the PO). When it is time to tear it down, it will go back to GG1. If you have ever seen this green, it is quite striking. It is very dark. In the sunlight, you can pick up the green (especially on the bodylines) but when sunset hits, it looks black. Can't wait for the day to get it back in its original color.

either green or mustard- to match the kitchen appliances of the era.

Whats wrong with green!

100_1764.jpg

Kaukauna  may 2009 012.jpg

Whats wrong with green!

Not a thing- at least as far as the earth-tone green goes, nobody's a bigger fan than me. Can't say I'm a fan of Sublime or Sassy Grass or that end of the spectrum, though. To each their own, as they say.

Sweet wagon!
icon14.gif

When I painted my Swinger green an older friend of mine looked at me really serious and said "You werent in the Army were ya?". Took me a minute but I got it.

had a

triple green 69 SS chevelle 396 375 hp

green exterior, green interior 69 Roadrunner

Green exterior, Black top and Interior 69 Charger SE

I don't like green cars but there sure were a lot of them in the late 60's new so in mid 70's were very affordable cars

I was told that there were many coming home from the war and they liked the green

But in the late 60's Green and Gold were popular colors in carpet and kit. appliances

Colors do run in cycles, pinks were big in the 50's and have been used a few times since

Cool Commercial For the 1971 Dart Swinger automatic special! Notice the color. Think this commercial had anything to do with the popularity?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTpbkkn8zQ8"]YouTube- 1971 Dodge Swinger Commercial[/ame]

This car is optioned exactly like mine was.

I have always been a Green Mopar magnet.... ooooo red 1969 Coronet conv!... oh.. F8.
And so on... and on.... and..........
And the same with Interior stuff... if you knew how many Green interior parts I dyed Black over the years!

Of course the Mopar gods are now punishing me for my insolence:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=76625

Oh well.... I love my triple Green ( FF4/FF4/H6F8 ) 1970 Dodge Dart GT.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=43550

Later,
Bruce B.

-
Back