The average 408...

-
G stock racing 10.80-11.0

Don't tell me they have 500+ hp 340's.

The track can only tell if all you're sht is perfect.

Spin tires all the way into 3rd [like me]running 13's @104+mph and it'll tell you that you have 300'ish hp.

Waiting to hear the combo still 360z28

I agree that the track can be misleading,but if you compile the correct numbers and dont fudge its very accurate.I dont agree with your comment on the stock class racing,if you know a builder and see whats in these engines for tricks it amazing,they are not a typical street engine and run well beyond what most engines do with good aftermarket parts.

I have to question this,there is no way a 3020 lb. car is going to run a 10.27 with only 540 at the crank,and there is no such thing as only a 10% loss,especially with an auto trans,the minimum is around 15% and usually more like 20% or so considering the amount of horsepwer required to turn bigger rears and better trans.When I do the math it takes jsut over 600 hp to turn those times.I have spent alot of time at the track and know a ton of guys running form 11s to 8s and theres not one of them running a 10.20 with that kind of a setup.
shity scan.. but look closley: never been on a dyno. just wanted to try that calculator to see what it says.

timeslips.jpg

some are talkin bout the track being a REAL dyno. well lets see.

i did 10.279 @ 127.16 1.372 60'
my car weighs 3020lbs

thats works out to 485 RWHP. sounds about right.
my engine @ the crank makes 540, so thats a 55hp
drivetrain loss. thank god for tight converters, 10.5"
wide tires, and superlite rims. not bad for a worn out
engine.

CLICK THE LINK

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatorquarter.php

Enter your 1/4 Mile ET/Speed and Weight of your car
ET:
MPH:
WEIGHT:

Your HP computed from your vehicle ET is 451.38 rear wheel HP and 501.53 flywheel HP.
Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 436.17 rear wheel HP and 484.63 flywheel HP

The Stealth calculator in the link I provided has three formulas - LRT, Hale and Fox.

Using MPH and weight (which is more accurate than using ET)

360Z28s comes up as - 525, 518 and 485 CRANK HP respectively.

Wallace uses the Fox formula.

All three are crank, as corroborated by Wallace calcs 484 HP in 7172Duster's thread.

The LRT formula is considered to be the most accurate these days, for street/strip HP ranges. The reasons are provided by the author.

Its a very interesting read, people should give it look.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I really like my 302 heads...... I mean, really like them, put a ton of work into them, buuuuut........ Yeah, mmmmmhmmmm.....

Mopardude318..... 49psi oil pressure at 6K? Is that right? During a pull? Uhm......

my 360 with a hi volume pump and 20w 50 valvoline runs about 50 lbs all the time and when cold on first start up holds about 70 lbs at any rpm untill warm

CLICK THE LINK

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatorquarter.php

Enter your 1/4 Mile ET/Speed and Weight of your car
ET:
MPH:
WEIGHT:

I

Your HP computed from your vehicle ET is 451.38 rear wheel HP and 501.53 flywheel HP.
Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 436.17 rear wheel HP and 484.63 flywheel HP

These equations are for recreation only.
Not a substitude for actual testing.
This is an interesting one as well http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

shity scan.. but look closley: never been on a dyno. just wanted to try that calculator to see what it says.

Im guessing this is a pretty well set up car?,I was under the assumption this was a typical street car but then again the average street car doesnt weigh 3000lb.s lol,what was the setup?.

OK, Wild and Crazy D2000 results are in - this is the first lot, with his first head flow figs.

I can say here and now, his DP intake is killiing him.!! LOL!!

Head flow figs provided were:

.100 60 - 46.4
.200 132.8- 93.3
.300 193.3- 134.3
.400 241 - 166
.500 270 - 174.2

With DP intake, small tube headers and exhaust, 9.9 comp and his cam ([email protected] / .573)

487HP @ 6000
456 ft/lbs @ 4500

With a SP -

529 @6500
475@5000

Feels about like that, I wonder what it comes up with for the current flow #'s and then maybe a run with it having a sp intake and 850carb.

Keep in mind that actual valve lift after lash is .560, thats measured at the valve.
I have 1.6's on it with f'd up geometry that only yeilds the .560 instead of .589

Be interesting to know what it comes up with if the .589 -lash was there & sp/850 carb and 13/4 headers into 3'' pipes

Thanx again moparmal

Im guessing this is a pretty well set up car?,I was under the assumption this was a typical street car but then again the average street car doesnt weigh 3000lb.s lol,what was the setup?.
nothin special. stock stroke 360 .030 over
302 heads with the bejesus ported outta them
ultradyne cam in the .600"+ range[*EDIT* just rechecked my cam specs. its actually .591" lift] (yes i know whats coming now.. TOO MUCH cam for those heads. well it works.. and works gooooood).
victor intake
11.1: cr
3800 stall but it flashes to 42-4300rpm
4.30's had my best MPH with those gears. went to a 4.10 and got my best ET and 60foots.. less mph tho. go figure. changed tire size from 30" to 28" also.
aluminum driveshaft

suspension is just a typical leaf springs with some mods i care not to get into. had to fab a new plate for the pinion snubber 2 hit.

its a "race race" car in street clothes. no doubt about it.

Hopefully someone can tell us why the D2000 doesn't recognise the better flow figs - maybe not enough change?

I entered a more mild head and it starved it noticeably.

I'll also point out that relevant to cid, torque does not orbit around dual plane intakes...

'air flow' and how well the fuel is 'mixed' is where you'll find it, amongst other areas.

I'd need all the specs events etc.....
just did mine on CAMQUEST and it showed:

558hp @ 6500
518tq @ 5000

had to pick one of there solid cams that closely resembles mine. tell yah though hp 18hp difference not to bad.. but that comp cam sure makes some torque.

I went back to your stage 2 heads, and used large tube headers - your now making 501 HP at 6000

IM me your email and I can send you the charts.

just did mine on CAMQUEST and it showed:

558hp @ 6500
518tq @ 5000

had to pick one of there solid cams that closely resembles mine. tell yah though hp 18hp difference not to bad.. but that comp cam sure makes some torque.

If you IM me your cam specs, compression, exhaust and intake (I have your head flow figs) - I can Dyno 2000 yours - but it will be less than Camquest, it always is.

-
Back